LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Culliver > Peterson

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Culliver > Peterson

Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I am so sick of people saying let's not get ahead of ourselves. If you don't get ahead of yourself than you pretty much talk about what happened in the last game for a week and in the by week that's two week of analyzing the last game. It's boring, i'd rather analyze the last game what might happen in the next our chances of winning 10 super bowls in a row just because we won 5 games this season. I don't care anything to kill time until my Niners are back on tv. Let the people who like to speculate, speculate.

Culliver was picked in the third round and is being compared to a CB who was picked #5 overall, that's saying something. Not to mention he is a rookie who did play man coverage against CJ and this was the first game he did not score a TD. Even with our safety helping, you think we are the first one to double team him. His draft spot mixed with his success means we got a lot for a little. In 2 years if PP beats him out for a probowl spot and he is number 2 under PP that means we still win this one. Great pick! I believe he is greater than PP up until this point, he's played better and he cost less.

Re read the post I was talking about cully being a top 5 CB in the league, I too like the pick over PP and like too speculate about the future, but just saying lets see before we crown him one of the best. If reason bothers you, let people who use reason use reason
yes he is at this moment, maybe PP is better in future, but as of now culiver, and I loved the pick in april and wouldnt change rd 1 one bit.
I think pp is gonna be a pure stud. You also have to take into account pp and cully have different roles on their teams so its hard to compare them this early on. Pp has to guard the top wrs and doesn't have the support in front that cully has. However, I love what cully has done so far and would much rather have the tandem of Aldon and cully than pp. I've done a complete 180 on my position during the draft but that's what watching Aldon bully OTs in the preseason will do to you. Cullys play has just been a huge bonus.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:31 AM ]
Cull is playing well and did a fine job with CJ. Its too early to say how good he is but right now he is looking just fine. Dont hear much about Peterson. Usually we dont hear too much about players on bad teams.
future superstar...he will be our next shut down corner.
I think the key word to describe Culliver is value... He was a third round pick.

Was he is solid pick? Yes.
Has he contributed to the team right away? Yes.
Does he still have some upside? Yes.
Is he a future starter? Not sure yet but at the very least, he appears that he will provide excellent depth at a key position.
Is he as good or better than Peterson? Again, not sure yet but he is contributing just as much if not more to his team now so....

we happy.
Regardless of whether Culliver starts or enters in nickel situations, he expects the Cardinals to attack him.

"It's going to be the same thing every week, week-in and week-out," Culliver said. "I'm a rookie and I'm playing, so I feel like anybody and everybody is going to go after me. Why not? I'm just going to keep rising to the occasion and try to make a play."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Cornerback-Brown-listed-as-questionable?blockID=596858&feedID=5884

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 18, 2011 at 5:58 PM ]
Cully is DA MAN!!!! Peterson can suck it!
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
future superstar...he will be our next shut down corner.

culliver has played better so far. but peterson is a beast returning punts

Originally posted by niners9:

So your point? What that makes him a better pick? They drafted him to be a star CB I live in Mesa and see his games he is very overrated can't turn his hips well.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by niners9:

So your point? What that makes him a better pick? They drafted him to be a star CB I live in Mesa and see his games he is very overrated can't turn his hips well.

They will probably move him to safety
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I remember the ESPN crew saying they didnt get the pick I think it was Mel Kiper. Saying that all the good CBs were already off the list and this pick was a WTF pick. hes working out fine, and going one on one with a beast like CJ can only work in his favor.

Kiper probably never touched a football in his life. Probably touched some other balls though.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Dont even know how peterson is doing in coverage. He's good at returning kicks though.
I heard from a Cardinals fan that Peterson hasnt been worth the high pick this year as far as his coverage; see the Panthers game. But in the return game, the guy has been a stud
Share 49ersWebzone