There are 285 users in the forums

Culliver > Peterson

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Culliver > Peterson

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Eric Wright plays on the Bucs now!

the smiley makes me unsure if you know who they're talking about.......
Peterson is a phenomenal athlete, but Culliver is a more skilled football player.
Right now I think, for our team I would take Cully. If we needed a return man though I think it would swing the other way. Peterson is a stud, but he is developing at corner a little bit slower. Still in the long run I bet they will be comperable.
Good post.

Too early to tell who is better.

Is Peterson playing below expectations? If it's the expectations created by the media - then yes. Ever notice how the buzz starts about certain players and that this one player is going to turn the whole franchise around. We hear it every year. He is a good player - that's it! Maybe over time he can develop into a great player BUT he isn't one now.

Is Culliver playing above expectations - the media's expectations? Yes.

We got an excellent draft pick in the 3rd round and at this point he is developing into an All-Pro caliber CB.
Will not be surprised if Culliver gets the bigger second contract.......
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Right now I think, for our team I would take Cully. If we needed a return man though I think it would swing the other way. Peterson is a stud, but he is developing at corner a little bit slower. Still in the long run I bet they will be comperable.

The ironic thing is PP is on track for 15 more attempts this season 44 in 2011 vs a projected 60 returns this season but he is only averaging 8 YPR this season compared to 16 YPR last season.

He is also on track to finish with only 8 fair catches compared to 22 last season.

I know teams are supposedly attempting to keep him from returning kicks but the stats say otherwise.

Right now Ginn is averaging 12.3

Peterson is averaging 8.3
I dont mean to say he is better than Ginn either...Just saying if we didnt have Ginn, I would probably be higher on Peterson as he could pull the double duty.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I dont mean to say he is better than Ginn either...Just saying if we didnt have Ginn, I would probably be higher on Peterson as he could pull the double duty.

I know just illustrating that people are still saying PP is an "elite" returner or the next Devin Hester when in reality he is playing subpar to his rookie year, so much so that Ginn is clearly outperforming him and no one is noticing
Culliver is a better CB than Peterson, just a fact. I have seen him get picked on game after game and get beat regularly, definitely has not lived up to the hype to date.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Culliver is a better CB than Peterson, just a fact. I have seen him get picked on game after game and get beat regularly, definitely has not lived up to the hype to date.

I agree that Cully is looking great, but it's not really fair to compare them. Peterson is expected to be the man in their secondary. Culliver is one of 5 good players in ours. But Culliver hasn't been abused like Peterson has (against Crabtree).

Crabtree broke his ankles
I know that Crabtree has owned Patrick Peterson in thier first 3 meeting, 19-252-2td. Cully played lights out against the turds.
peterson is gonna be a bust
Originally posted by socalniner:
Crabtree broke his ankles

This......he hurt his feelings
Re-watching the game. I'm beginning to think Patrick Peterson might be another Mike Rumph. Not yet totally but he's going towards that way.
Share 49ersWebzone