There are 178 users in the forums

Penalties in the Lions game - honest dialog

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok...trying to not be homers here but what is everyones opinions on the penalties?

I can't help but feel that at least half of them have been straight up b******t. But that could just be the homer in me. How does everyone else feel?
Tons of personal fouls could have been called on the Lions D so far, in my opinion.
  • Jiks
I think refs have been inconsistent on both teams. Suh rips off Davis's helmet and no call, while Soap. does the exact same thing and they call it. Their defense forces a guy to false start and they call a false start, after they call it on Brooks. How many seconds did they take off the clock at the end. Anyone notice them in no hurry to get the ball placed?

i thought the P.I. call was a bit bogus at first but Rogers did have his hand on the receiver.
Don't you know? We are playing the Detroit Refs!

There have been 4 or 5 calls. That is a lot of bad calls.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tons of personal fouls could have been called on the Lions D so far, in my opinion.

And holding
This is on Fox and the refs don't seem Fair 7 Balancced
How about the facemask on Alex Smith when he ran down the sideline and they didnt call that... I was freaking pissed as well as the whole niners sideline!
There should have been five holding calls on the Lions O-Line and five personal fouls on the Lions defense. They are playing dirty as hell. My house is pissed as hell at the refs.
Maybe Jed will wire some money over and even this thing out

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Al kinds of BS calls in this game.

....and no calls.
It seems like everytime a call goes against the Lions the refs huddle up to make sure . . . not so much for the Niners
Was that a facemask on Alex? I thought he may have got it but FOX never showed a really good replay. Could have just gotten his upper shoulder pad.
many have been legit, but many others have not. not a cleanly called game at all. they need to let us play, like they're letting the Lions play.
Stupid mistakes on the false starts, etc, but that was expected in Detroit. Does seem uneven so far...more ticky tacky calls on SF.

Lions are a 2nd half team, I hope the 9ers are as well--they have been in most games.
Share 49ersWebzone