There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The last time the 49ers played in the game of the week?

I really don't remember a time they played in a game this meaningful since the game they played against Dallas in 94. We knew the winner of that game would have home field advantage in the playoffs. It feels that big! It still seems so surreal to me that this is happening.

Finally, all my friends who see me as the annoying 49er fan have shut up! So pumped!
Yup. This game feels HUGE!!! Almost like a playoff game.
It's easy to overstate the importance of a game but winning this game would end any question whether the 9ers are legitimate. And if Smith plays well he will build credibility that even Jamie Dukes won't be able to deny.

If Harbaugh puts another beating on a highly respected team...he is who we hoped he was and even more!
This is a huge game - turning point game? Also another good game is going to be on turkey day, the Ravens and then we got the Steelers on a Monday nite.
so by it being game of the week does that mean we get Fox's A team?
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It's easy to overstate the importance of a game but winning this game would end any question whether the 9ers are legitimate. And if Smith plays well he will build credibility that even Jamie Dukes won't be able to deny.

If Harbaugh puts another beating on a highly respected team...he is who we hoped he was and even more!

True we've won a few big games already, but none as big as this. This will either shut the haters up or get them going again. All the other wins have been against teams that while at the time probably were picked over us, since then we've figured out they were pretty mediocre...While Tampa was strong last year Freeman hasn't played a clean turnover free game, Eagles have had their high priced meltdown, and Bengals have a rookie QB. They all have their excuses.

However I'm sure if we win there'll be some excuse, someone major on their team will get hurt or they'll find another way to knock our success.
This is a very huge game for. We can win this harbaugh n co will be ready to play. 24 hrs from now the wait will br over. Then the dreaded bye week but a chance to get healthy and comback and get strted on the rest of season
  • gage
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,475
I hope we blow the roof off the dome!
Originally posted by gage:
I hope we blow the roof off the dome!

This
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It's easy to overstate the importance of a game but winning this game would end any question whether the 9ers are legitimate. And if Smith plays well he will build credibility that even Jamie Dukes won't be able to deny.

If Harbaugh puts another beating on a highly respected team...he is who we hoped he was and even more!

I agree.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
so by it being game of the week does that mean we get Fox's A team?

That would imply Fox has an A team. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the WORST broadcasters in sports! I think we get the same crew from last week.
Originally posted by rav510:
That would imply Fox has an A team. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the WORST broadcasters in sports! I think we get the same crew from last week.

were getting moose and siragusa
Originally posted by NinerNation:
Originally posted by rav510:
That would imply Fox has an A team. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the WORST broadcasters in sports! I think we get the same crew from last week.

were getting moose and siragusa

Yeah, Buck is busy sucking it up calling (or ruining) the MLB playoffs w/ Tim McCarver...


I say bring back Madden & Summerall for one game
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Yeah, Buck is busy sucking it up calling (or ruining) the MLB playoffs w/ Tim McCarver...

I say bring back Madden & Summerall for one game
THIS!
last time was when we played the vikings. We were both undefeated and we got brent farved.