LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

players niners have injured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I completely agree. You guys are messed up. This thread glorifies injuries to opponents. That is not what football is about.

The intent of any football player should be to beat his opponent by being physically better than he is and to beat him at his best. Only a coward seeks to win by injuring his opponent.
, Last year the niners never never went out to injure someone on purpose. Any injury that occured against our defense was simply because we were more fundamentally sound, we wrapped and we tackled unlike most teams in the nfl.we hit hard, we stayed within the rules a majorty of the time.If anyone gets hurt against our defense it is only because we are tougher than they are.if someone gets hurt and it is a legal hit then so be it.

Yeah that's fine... I'm not saying that our team has done anything wrong by playing hard physical football that has unintentionally led to a few injuries. I'm saying that glorifying those injuries and maintaining a list (as this thread does) is unsportsmanlike.

But we aint the ones playing the games so we dont have to be sportsmanlike.

Lol... true. Thanks for the reminder.
Originally posted by cciowa:
sunday ticket needs to weigh in

You haven't really changed, have you Chuck?!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
You haven't really changed, have you Chuck?!!

it was actually kind of fun to be on the outside looking in for a change in that little exchange with you two with one minor relapse into insanity a few weeks ago, i am kinder and gentler
Yeah I get that injury is a part of football... having played for many years in HS and college. But hoping and watching for guys to get hurt is pretty pathetic... even from legal hits.

Not really. Its liking enjoying a knockout in boxing. No one is saying they want it to be a serious injury.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Apr 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss2dn_QI5kE&feature=player_detailpage
That hit Patrick put on Hasselbeck a couple seasons ago to stop him from getting in the endzone. whooooooooooo! that looked like it stung a lil
There is a BIG difference between being physical and being cheap. Last season our players were just going all out. Whitner's hit on Thomas was a great example. It was clean. Yes, we knocked alot of good players out last season. Its unfortunate, but it does happen.
Best D in football and the most physical, Ravens 2nd
Share 49ersWebzone