There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Let's collect butterflies together and snuggle. Come on, be positive with me!

Only if we snuggle in a snuggie. Or No Deal.
Originally posted by father49er:
Well, we won't go 6-0. Maybe the Lions well.

they'll be 5-1 after this sunday
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Wasnt that like the only time in history that a collapse of that magnitude happened?

If I remember in the late 70s, early 80s, didnt the Chargers start at 7-0 and miss the playoffs? Could be mistaken however. Still, with the division we play in, I would think it much more likely that DET misses the playoffs instead of us.

May be wrong but didn't the Raiders go 8-0 and then 0-8 one year? I hear you though, it's hard not to be gun shy with everything we have been through the past decade.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Wasnt that like the only time in history that a collapse of that magnitude happened?

Lions started 6-2 a few years back when Kitna was there and missed the playoffs.
what does this thread accomplish other than being a downer? we have no say in what happens but we can atleast be happy our team is kicking ass right now. STFU and GTFO if you aint down for the Niners!!!
Did the Bronco's have the same Defense this 9er team has?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
STFU with the "lets not get ahead of ourselves" s**t already

it's been years since we've started out this hot, let's enjoy the damn ride!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
STFU with the "lets not get ahead of ourselves" s**t already

technically you r rite, that's why I'm taken it 1 game at a time.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ya Harbaugh >>>>>>> McDaniels

i fn hate mcdaniels and i love how he is once again failing in st louis. he gutted the broncos by alienating their franchise qb and stud wr, then trades hillis for practicly nothing. i know he just got to stl, but bradford has regressed since he came and their offense looks like pure crap. harbaugh 100,000,00>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mcdaniels.
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
McDaniels is a joke, everybody and there mama thought he was good , but everybody must remember he comes out of a systematical offense thats gonna produce no matter who's calling the plays or quarterbacking out in New England (yes its that good). J H is no Mcdaniels , Thats for damm sure.
Originally posted by Hctr:
McDaniels is a joke, everybody and there mama thought he was good , but everybody must remember he comes out of a systematical offense thats gonna produce no matter who's calling the plays or quarterbacking out in New England (yes its that good). J H is no Mcdaniels , Thats for damm sure.

he cant produce with bradford as qb he doesnt have (or not willing to) take a shot downfield
It's what happens when you finally start winning. I prefer it to the draft talks we were having this time last year lol. One game at a time for me though.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Its awesome the team is winning.

But remember the Broncos.

Started 6-0 ... finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Good point, but we do play in the NFC west as people keep saying.

this 8-8= NFC West title the way the other three are playing right now
Look at the teams after the bye week. There are four teams with winning records Washington, NYG, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I like the odds of the 9ers being able to win at least five of those and 9-7 should win the west...they win six of the final ten and that would be 10-6...nearly a lock.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
It is hard to judge the 49ers right now. Here is what I think we know:
Very Strong Run Defense
Very Strong Red Zone Defense
Efficient QB Play (i.e. no turnovers, high completion percentage)
Good Special Teams

With just those, we won 2 out of our first 3 games. And I think it is almost a lock that we will win the NFC West, considering how weak the rest of the division is. Seattle is our only risk, and we beat them once already.

The last 6 quarters have presented some additional strengths, but I think we need to watch additional games to see if the Niners can be consistent in these areas. I highly doubt we are as good as we looked in the Tampa game, but we can still be a good team that can go deep into the playoffs. Anyway, here are some additional strengths.

Powerful running game (averaging 7.2 yards per carry the past 2 games, I believe)
Solid Intermediate passing game
Above average pass defense (QBs have a low QB rating against us, mainly due to turnovers)

If we can maintain these strengths as well, then we are a good team that has a chance to be a contender in the playoffs. I also look forward to the Detroit game to see which of the trends of the past 2 games continue. By then, I think we will have a better idea of what the true strengths are as a team.