Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
It's Josh Morgan not Jerry Rice, LOL

You do realize that Morgan was our leading receiver right?

No VD is the leading receiver.

VD is a TE not a WR. Welcome to football 101

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tight%20end

Definition of TIGHT END : an offensive football end who lines up close to the tackle and can act as a lineman or receiver

A RB can line up out as a receiver as well but that doesn't make him a WR. He is comparing Josh Morgan to Jerry Rice who is a WR!!!! just like Josh Morgan. Both being WR's it's kind of stupid to compare either of them to a TE or a RB who are both eligible to catch a pass from the QB.

That made zero sense, broski.

let me break it down Barney style for you then. Josh Morgan is a WR, Jerry Rice is a WR as well. The original statement is as follows "Originally posted by susweel: It's Josh Morgan not Jerry Rice, LOL" So why would I compare VD or any other player of a different position? Out of the WR's on our roster Josh Morgan is our leading receiver with 15 receptions for 220 yards. Get it now?

It's funny that you're talking down on others when you're the one not understanding what's being discussed.

It was stated that Vernon Davis is our leading receiver, not leading WIDE RECEIVER. A receiver is anyone who catches the ball. You're acting as if Vernon Davis is being compared to the wide receivers, when in actuality, it was only stated that he is the team's leading receiver.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Oct 13, 2011 at 3:54 AM ]

Dude why do you do this to yourself.... This is like the sort of thing only George Costanza could get mad about.

Shaj will have to hear of this when he gets back from his terrorist boot cam---err, ...vacation.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Definition of TIGHT END : an offensive football end who lines up close to the tackle and can act as a lineman or receiver

A RB can line up out as a receiver as well but that doesn't make him a WR. He is comparing Josh Morgan to Jerry Rice who is a WR!!!! just like Josh Morgan. Both being WR's it's kind of stupid to compare either of them to a TE or a RB who are both eligible to catch a pass from the QB.

let me break it down Barney style for you then. Josh Morgan is a WR, Jerry Rice is a WR as well. The original statement is as follows "Originally posted by susweel: It's Josh Morgan not Jerry Rice, LOL" So why would I compare VD or any other player of a different position? Out of the WR's on our roster Josh Morgan is our leading receiver with 15 receptions for 220 yards. Get it now?

It's funny that you're talking down on others when you're the one not understanding what's being discussed.

It was stated that Vernon Davis is our leading receiver, not leading WIDE RECEIVER. A receiver is anyone who catches the ball. You're acting as if Vernon Davis is being compared to the wide receivers, when in actuality, it was only stated that he is the team's leading receiver.

Confused much? The topic at hand in this conversation is Josh Morgan

This
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 104QbRatingFtw:

Exactly, and it wasn't because of play design or anything like that, it's that he's not a diva receiver like Craptree and knows how to adjust his routes.

This.
Originally posted by Amir:

Exactly, and it wasn't because of play design or anything like that, it's that he's not a diva receiver like Craptree and knows how to adjust his routes.

This.
I know what a Diva

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Amir:

This.
I know what a Diva

Clearly photoshop.
How did this thread got so twisted so quickly.. lol.

I'm sorta with the OP. I think guys on the team appreciates Morgan and what he has been doing on offense. Very underrated. Rally cry for Morgan? ... maybe.
bromancing the bone (broken one at that).
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
How did this thread got so twisted so quickly.. lol.

I'm sorta with the OP. I think guys on the team appreciates Morgan and what he has been doing on offense. Very underrated. Rally cry for Morgan? ... maybe.

Things got a little out of hand here, like usual. We will miss Morgan.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Not sure you have ever played football on a team...When You spend day after day week after week in the weight room, in Position meetings countless hours on the practice field for one purpose, To compete and win side by side. Its a Very big deal to lose a brother to injury for the year. I respect your opinion Garcia and by no means am trying to call you out but in my opinion and experience i feel its a big deal.

You really think Harbaugh is gonna use an injury as motivation?
I am not saying that this didn't hurt the team or the team didn't care morgans hurt, or they wont try and win for him...

but i don't buy the "LETS DO THIS FOR JOSH" battle cry or whatever...

You look at the Raiders for instance, they will play for Al Davis, in his memory, thats a big deal.

I don't think the players will be grinding out in the 3rd or 4th quarter and the first thing they think... "Damn, we gotta win this for Josh".

Thats Exactly why i think Harbaugh is such a great coach....Next level type thinkers like Harbaugh know how to think outside the box and create motavation out bad situations , this is not just a game for these players they have been living and breathing this passion for most of there life's this is the way they survive and put food in there kids mouths. Morgan broke his ankle in his contract year when he was just starting to break out. Thats a Huge deal for him and anybody who cares for him. if you dont Buy that then you should try to step outside your box for a minute brotha.

Because you know Harbaugh so well... Ok buddy.
Originally posted by Garcia:
He didn't die.

He's out for the year. Not a big deal IMO.

Winning makes everyone love each other. Bad loss for Morgan. He seems like a nice kid.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Im not saying its not a big loss, its a huge loss...
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Confused much? The topic at hand in this conversation is Josh Morgan

He is correct. You did state that Morgan was our leading receiver and that just isn't correct. He is our leading wide receiver but Vernon is the leading receiver.
Share 49ersWebzone