LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

Can we please get our guys to quit saying the other team quit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I'm glad they are winning. I just want them to be more classy and humble. Do you see Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Peyton Manning ever talk like this no matter how much they win? That's what true leaders do. Be classy, humble and don't give extra motivation to the other team.

Your comparing apples to orange here. Frank and Vernon are "skilled" players. "skilled" players tend to talk sh*t more than QB's. Look around the league, Owens, Moss, Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Jackson, Bryant, Revis, Vontay Davis, Laron Landry, ect..all great players all of them talk sh*t. QB's don't really do this, not in their nature but the "skilled" position players do all the time, not a big deal.

Vernon always has been a "chirper", the difference now is he knows he has the talent around him and coaching staff that will help this team back it up ON THE FIELD
we just beat a good team...... any team! 48-3 and you still find things to b***h about.....
I hope we make every team quit
Even if you believe it to be true, you just don't say it publicly. That kind of stuff often comes back to bite you.

Walsh preached to his guys that they never give the other team any "bulletin board" material because football is such a game of emotions. I'm sure Harbaugh has said the same thing. Guess Gore, Davis and Walker didn't get the memo.

Hey Niners....great win! Now....STFU.

I'm glad they are winning. I just want them to be more classy and humble. Do you see Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Peyton Manning ever talk like this no matter how much they win? That's what true leaders do. Be classy, humble and don't give extra motivation to the other team.

Didn't think I'd ever post this but...this time.....I completely, totally, utterly agree with SD. Thanks for posting this, man. Couldn't have said it better.
F**k that I love it when teams talk.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
F**k that I love it when teams talk.

This
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Even if you believe it to be true, you just don't say it publicly. That kind of stuff often comes back to bite you.

Walsh preached to his guys that they never give the other team any "bulletin board" material because football is such a game of emotions. I'm sure Harbaugh has said the same thing. Guess Gore, Davis and Walker didn't get the memo.

It would be better if they just keep quiet.

There are just some guys that can't keep from letting their emotions run wild, on the other hand you have Alex $mith showing everybody on the team that he is the leader on and off the field. When he talks to the media it's exactly what you want to hear. He doesn't give anything away, just like his coach. Everyone should be doing the same. Stay humble and let your play do the talking.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

There are just some guys that can't keep from letting their emotions run wild, on the other hand you have Alex $mith showing everybody on the team that he is the leader on and off the field. When he talks to the media it's exactly what you want to hear. He doesn't give anything away, just like his coach. Everyone should be doing the same. Stay humble and let your play do the talking.

I agree.

Like Vernon and Frank. It seems like every week they say the other team quit.... The Bucs coach was ticked off. He said they will remember that if we meet again in the playoffs. Why do we want to be so stupid and give extra bulliten board material to teams? Just be smart, humble, win and move on. Move on to the next game. Some of these teams you will face again. If they want to roll over and die let them. But why give them extra motivation and make them completely ticked off?

Ditto. Let's play our game and worry about how our team is playing. Please stay under the radar and continue to watch film and correct mistakes....oh yea and keep your mouths shut

http://njsportsaddict.blogspot.com/
I agree...we've been getting our ass kicked for years....now that were winning they are best served to shut the hell up about it.....Real G'z move in Silence!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:16 AM ]
Teams needs to stop quitting
Where is the problem... teams did quit. A 21 point comeback and a 48-3 butt whoopin, that doesnt happen unless player's wills break and people quit on plays. Teams have said this about the niners for the past 8 years after kicking our butts. It's not even really talking sh*t, just saying the facts. A couple players may have a problem with it cause they gave their all every play, but can they honestly look at the entire locker-room and say everyone played their hearts out for 60 minutes after those games, no they cant and they know that. Even Vick placed a caveot and said "the offense never gave up" obviously ignoring the defense that gave up 21 second half points.

Frank & VD arent saying these teams are soft or that they suck, they just pointed out that after a certain time in the game the other team had no fight left which is true.
I think fans should give it a rest. There are a few guys that get excited & say stupid sh*t sometimes. So what? Every job has them, even where I work. You want to coach everybody up on how to act every second of the day? Forgettaboutit.
Share 49ersWebzone