LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Can we please get our guys to quit saying the other team quit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who cares? Lock this dam post!!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
What they say after the game is no big deal, what are they supposed to say? That the bucs were giving it their all?

We need to make more teams feel like quitting and stop worrying about small comments like these.

Word. We need to focus on beating down the Lions 48-3, not worrying about stupid comments. Even the damn media pretty much has ignored it.
I guess you have go complain about something............this is your opportunity.
Did quit lol
Originally posted by dhp318:
I don't think they understand what winning is all about, it's amateurish. I'd say act like you've been there before, but they've never been in a position where they can beat down the other team. So I hope it changes because otherwise they won't be able to take the next step from good team to legitimate contender.

Can you imagine the Patriots players saying this after every single win?

"Amateurish" isn't the right word, "childish" is the word. They need to act like they expect to win. Men don't talk down to kids, but some kids talk down to men because they feel powerless. They need to stop this childish crap.
Who cares if players say the other team quit. Plus these guys get there atitude from Harbaugh anyway. They just watched him run up the score the players know he has there backs. And they also already know that they are running 1 of the best offensive systems in the NFL and are going to be hard to beat.
[ Edited by sean610 on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Like Vernon and Frank. It seems like every week they say the other team quit.... The Bucs coach was ticked off. He said they will remember that if we meet again in the playoffs. Why do we want to be so stupid and give extra bulliten board material to teams? Just be smart, humble, win and move on. Move on to the next game. Some of these teams you will face again. If they want to roll over and die let them. But why give them extra motivation and make them completely ticked off?

you forget niners arent use to winning and therefore they need to learn..
Oooohhhh awe where the west coast killers pissy! They want to be respected they should give it! Tho i agree to show a lil more class. But raheem well he is a coach and should set the standard! Now on to the lions. This is a huge game. Show our mental toughness after such a victory. We need our A game from all units of our team and coaching staff! After this we focus on the bye wk. Goniners lions here we come
Cheers and here is hoping for a injury free game on both sides of two good up and coming teams
I hope Harbaugh puts extra emphasis this week on not getting too high on themselves over their beatdown of the bucs, because the Lions are going to be a more capable opponent. They need to realize they haven't achieved nothing yet.
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Next time they talk about the game, cover your ears so you don't have to hear what they have to say and we won't have to read another pointless post like this. Just a thought buddy. :)

TRUTH HURTS
but its ok for them to be know as the "WESTCOAST KILLERS"?
If speaking the truth about their efforts in a game is the difference between winning or losing your next game against them, its your own fault.

I dont buy the "bulletin board material" crap. Gore and Davis wouldnt be lying about if a team quit. thats something both teams probably all knew being out on the field. It probably wasnt a secret among the players that the Eagles and Bucs backed down at some point. If they were making crap up its one thing, but I dont see any reason to make that kind of thing up.

the next time we play the Bucs, playoffs or regular season, the better team will win regardless of who said what months before.

when you lose 48-3, you cant really deny quitting. a 3-1 NFL team that tries its best for 4 quarters doesnt lose by 45.
Lol at adding to the "bulletin board"

They got trampled 48-3, if thats not enough to come out firing then "they quit" wont do much.
Originally posted by frankie:
Oooohhhh awe where the west coast killers pissy! They want to be respected they should give it! Tho i agree to show a lil more class. But raheem well he is a coach and should set the standard! Now on to the lions. This is a huge game. Show our mental toughness after such a victory. We need our A game from all units of our team and coaching staff! After this we focus on the bye wk. Goniners lions here we come
Cheers and here is hoping for a injury free game on both sides of two good up and coming teams

I wouldnt mind if we knicked him up for the game or a quarter or a drive. lol
Share 49ersWebzone