LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Can we please get our guys to quit saying the other team quit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, they did quit.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its all a process they still have to learn how to act like winners.

They obviously don't know how. They act so giddy. They have no class or humility. A classy or humble team is more dangerous IMO. Because they don't give you extra motivation.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They obviously don't know how. They act so giddy. They have no class or humility. A classy or humble team is more dangerous IMO. Because they don't give you extra motivation.

I agree with you, hopefully JH has already spoken to them about this.

I agree with you, hopefully JH has already spoken to them about this.

I hope he did. Because I don't want to see this crap anymore. It's happened several weeks in a row now and it's not stopping so far.
Like Vernon and Frank. It seems like every week they say the other team quit.... The Bucs coach was ticked off. He said they will remember that if we meet again in the playoffs. Why do we want to be so stupid and give extra bulliten board material to teams? Just be smart, humble, win and move on. Move on to the next game. Some of these teams you will face again. If they want to roll over and die let them. But why give them extra motivation and make them completely ticked off?

I'd rather the team be more humble and not call out other teams in the media. However, if we were to play TB in the playoffs, these comments will not make the difference between winning or losing. Everybody is motivated and focused come playoff time. It will come down to pure 11 v 11 football.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd rather the team be more humble and not call out other teams in the media. However, if we were to play TB in the playoffs, these comments will not make the difference between winning or losing. Everybody is motivated and focused come playoff time. It will come down to pure 11 v 11 football.

Yes but you don't want to give extra motivation. Like Sus said. They don't know how to be winners. I hope Harbaugh gives them a clue.
Yes but you don't want to give extra motivation. Like Sus said. They don't know how to be winners. I hope Harbaugh gives them a clue.

Agree completely...true or not, it's classless and there's absolutely no reason to make the comment. All teams are motivated going into the playoffs but you don't want to play a team that has an extra chip on their shoulder because that extra bit of motivation just might make a difference.
they did quit, that was obvious. Seems they should be more mad about how they played than someone making a truthful comment
Originally posted by thedude:

Agree completely...true or not, it's classless and there's absolutely no reason to make the comment. All teams are motivated going into the playoffs but you don't want to play a team that has an extra chip on their shoulder because that extra bit of motivation just might make a difference.

Win but just handle it better. It's like the don't know how. It's been so long.

Originally posted by socalniner:
they did quit, that was obvious. Seems they should be more mad about how they played than someone making a truthful comment

Haters want to hate
Originally posted by socalniner:

You are missing the point.
Its not like they are thrashing the over teams in post game speeches. Morris is just grabbing at air to try and motivate his players after a demoralizing loss.

Btw gore and Davis spoke nothing but truth
I agree somewhat.

Gore is Gore, he always speaks his mind. I don't think he meant what he said with any malice.

Vernon on the other hand sounded pretty pissed. He was yelling at the cornerbacks during the game and stuff. I think he was mad that they were being sore losers and being cheap, so he wanted to let a little bit of his anger out. They were pushing us after plays, trying to start fights, that one instance where Ted Ginn called for a fair catch and the guy basically shoved him out of the way and caught it himself. I think Vernon was just pissed they were acting like little b***hes and wanted to lavel them as such.

Still, I would like it if they stopped.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Its not like they are thrashing the over teams in post game speeches. Morris is just grabbing at air to try and motivate his players after a demoralizing loss.

Btw gore and Davis spoke nothing but truth

Do you hear the Packers, Patriots, Saints or Colts (when Manning in and healthy) talk like that?....
Share 49ersWebzone