There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith and Crabtree, what is it between these two?

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Everytime smith throws to crabtree it's higher than if he threw it to someone else. Everytime. This is something harbaugh and Roman need to address.

Yeah, it's almost got to the point where I'm half-scared when Smith throws to Crabtree.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
No chemistry. This needs to change.

Crabs had more receptions then the rest of the receivers combined today.
It is coming together. It's just bad luck. Smith just forced a couple balls today. But Crabtree could have had a TD. They'll hook up eventually. Today was a good game with them today.
I like the way crabs can snatch the high ones out of the air though
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I like the way crabs can snatch the high ones out of the air though

yeah, i love that the throw doesn't have to perfect for Crabs to catch it, but it is so weird that every pass to him goes high. they gotta work on that, because if Smith gets some of those balls down into Crabs' numbers, not only are they completions, and no interceptions, but he's going to be able to make some big plays after the catch. He has no chance of doing that leaping into the air every time a pass comes his way.

but i love that he'll try to go out and get it, no matter where it is.
It's not about chemistry...it's about Alex Smith being inaccurate when the bullets fly. This is my #1 worry even at 5-1.
And hopefully Alex learned that all it takes is one bad throw to get a pick, when Spievey picked him off! I thought Crabtree looked great, he stepped up and is beginning to come into his own... A big part of that is his health I am sure!
Grabtree is good, but not nearly worth the pick he was selected with. He's a solid number two, imo.
Good thing is they have two weeks to work out some of these chemistry issues.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Crabs had more receptions then the rest of the receivers combined today.

Yea, it isn't all bad, but there are many plays where the ball is nowhere near Crabtree. It just seems odd.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
It's not about chemistry...it's about Alex Smith being inaccurate when the bullets fly. This is my #1 worry even at 5-1.

What does that mean? Smith has been accurate when the preasure has been on.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Any fool can see that Smith is having this problem much, much more with Crabtree than any other receiver. As much is your head is up your rear, I am sure you still read the things that are posted on this board showing that Smith is one of the most accurate passers in the league on balls traveling 20+ yards down the field. Smith isn't consistently off on his throws with anyone BUT Crabtree, well, and Gore on quick tosses.
Originally posted by taney71:

Yea, the most accurate in the league with the highest rating as well. Some of these Smith haters are dense.
Apparently, the bullets weren't flying on that 4th down TD completion to Walker. Smith must truly suck under pressure and the pass to Walker was completely inaccurate.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by taney71:

Yea, the most accurate in the league with the highest rating as well. Some of these Smith haters are dense.

Lol. Agreed man.