LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Smith and Crabtree, what is it between these two?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by susweel:
Crabtree boned Smith's boy friend.

Good to see you back Sus. No Homo!

Thanks dude
If Crabtree would be healthy enough to participate in pre-season then maybe some chemistry would develope.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

Thanks dude

Hey dude...Im sure U enjoy that can o whoopass we opened up on the "Westcoast Killaz"
Last year a lot of alex's passes were high, besides one yesterday i haven't seen much of that this year. I honestly think Crabtree does not have his routes down to being an instinct. Because Alex has known the Harbaugh playbook longer than the rest of the team, and Crabtree missed the time this year. I would have to say it is Crabtree's route running and timing. I think they will get better and any love lost between them can be easily cured by continued WINNING.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Nes49:

Thanks dude

Hey dude...Im sure U enjoy that can o whoopass we opened up on the "Westcoast Killaz"

It was great, best game I seen almost a decade.
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Weigh in.

Only issue I saw was the 3rd quarter (I think?) pass where it could have been an INT when Alex threw a back shoulder pass near the end-zone flag and Crabtree was thinking it was supposed to be another route design.

They definitely need to work out the kinks, but these things happen from time to time. Each week, such issues should get better mended.
Yep, it is nothing more than a matter of practice time together. They will get the timing down better.

Also, I noticed that Crabtree runs the slant route a little more shallow than Morgan. So while Morgan catches that pass at the numbers while running at a little higher angle, Crabtree runs it more shallow and the ball comes in higher. That means they need to make an adjustment. As an observer, I believe Morgan runs it more the way it should be run while MC is too flat. Just my opinion...

It will get fixed, be sure of that. The ex-QB in the black sweatshirt and baseball hat on the sidelines is going to make sure that all WRs run the same pattern the same way and at the same time.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
If Crabtree would be healthy enough to participate in pre-season then maybe some chemistry would develope.

THIS
I don't see a problem here at the moment.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I guess now that Smith is playing well, the only thing you can do is call into question his sexuality. Nice

Doesn't that mean Crabs would be gay, too? lol i don't see why you only take defense to Smith.
lol alex is married, i question crabtrees because of his fashion!
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Last year a lot of alex's passes were high, besides one yesterday i haven't seen much of that this year. I honestly think Crabtree does not have his routes down to being an instinct. Because Alex has known the Harbaugh playbook longer than the rest of the team, and Crabtree missed the time this year. I would have to say it is Crabtree's route running and timing. I think they will get better and any love lost between them can be easily cured by continued WINNING.

Yea, and I think it has been Crabtree's route running every year. It is problematic to say the least. His blocking yesterday was pretty awesome though.

Originally posted by dj43:
Yep, it is nothing more than a matter of practice time together. They will get the timing down better.

Also, I noticed that Crabtree runs the slant route a little more shallow than Morgan. So while Morgan catches that pass at the numbers while running at a little higher angle, Crabtree runs it more shallow and the ball comes in higher. That means they need to make an adjustment. As an observer, I believe Morgan runs it more the way it should be run while MC is too flat. Just my opinion...

It will get fixed, be sure of that. The ex-QB in the black sweatshirt and baseball hat on the sidelines is going to make sure that all WRs run the same pattern the same way and at the same time.

I like to catch the ball high where Crabtree does, but great observation, and I know it can be dangerous to keep them high like that.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Well, Crabtree is going to get the touches that Morgan got...so they better effin practice this week and work out their issues.
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by dj43:

I like to catch the ball high where Crabtree does, but great observation, and I know it can be dangerous to keep them high like that.

Higher is a bit better as it is less likely to get knocked down, however, you don't want the receiver to have to leap in the air as that not only slows him down but exposes him to a big hit from the safety coming across. Whatever the situation is with the two, practice will solve it.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I have been waiting for Smith to Crabtree to become a regular on game days. I think you have to get Crabtree involved early. Then I believe that Alex has never been good at throwing the short passes with accuracy, however he is getting better this season. Then finally I believe Crabtree from his second year to early this season didnot like Alex as his Qb. Alex throws high to him and he is exposed to some nasty hits, but winning is the cure and with Morgan out, we all hope that these two develop quickly.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

As a fan, I am usally going, "Why are you hitting him high Smith!? And why aren't you catching those anyway Crabtree!!?? They're still very catchable!"

So what do you think it is between these two? How can they correct it? Will they as the season progresses and things hopefully continue to improve for the 49ers?

Weigh in.
I think it's all your imagination.

It's funny I read and watch as much as anyone about the 49ers and have for so many years. And yet only on forums like this one do I hear these rumors over and over again.

I got one for yaa. I hear Harbaugh hates the 49ers because how he was always on the losing end whenever he quarterbacked against them as a player. He actually just signed on as HC to sabotage the entire organization and help continue their losing ways. I heard from an unnamed source that he is secretly angry with the players for actually playing so well up to this date. HARBAUGHS A BEARS FAN PEOPLE!
Share 49ersWebzone