LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Smith and Crabtree, what is it between these two?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I guess now that Smith is playing well, the only thing you can do is call into question his sexuality. Nice

Doesn't that mean Crabs would be gay, too? lol i don't see why you only take defense to Smith.

I guess its not gay when your stealing someones man.
I guess now that Smith is playing well, the only thing you can do is call into question his sexuality. Nice

Doesn't that mean Crabs would be gay, too? lol i don't see why you only take defense to Smith.

Well, considering the general tone of most of susweel's posts, I'd say that comment was clearly intended as a jab at Smith.

Well, considering the general tone of most of susweel's posts, I'd say that comment was clearly intended as a jab at Smith.

classic example of throwing intentional jabs, then hide behind the its a joke thing whenever its handy
You read too much into things
Can we get back on topic, and not let susweel derail things with his usual nonsense?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I'm not denying the flashes, I just want to see these two get on the same page. Do you remember the near pick Smith threw yesterday when Crabtree ran a different route than Smith was expecting? I wonder if Smith throws high to Crabtree because he is off on target, or if it is because Crabtree is not in the right place? I wonder these things because I don't see the same problems with other receivers, but I see them between Smith and Crabtree every season they play together.

In fact, the best chemistry I've ever seen between Smith and Crabtree is when Crabtree was playing in his first NFL game, and Smith was returning from a two year absence for the first time. Strange...

I agree and disagree. I have actually seen Smith and Crabtree develop consistent chemistry in the past. We saw it during Crabtree's rookie season, where he initially became Smith's favorite possession target, and then later on a legit deep threat. I think people under appreciate his deep ability. Most of Crabtree's touchdowns in his Career have been caught from passes over 30 yards. In 2010, the two started off the season terribly, probably because of lack of chemistry due to no PS for Crabs, but then they played well together in the Falcons and Eagles games until Smith got hurt and Troy came in.

QB and receiver need time and practice together to develop a chemistry. Chemistry is one of the biggest factors in a QB-WR connection. With time, the 11-15 connection will be legit.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Only issue I saw was the 3rd quarter (I think?) pass where it could have been an INT when Alex threw a back shoulder pass near the end-zone flag and Crabtree was thinking it was supposed to be another route design.

They definitely need to work out the kinks, but these things happen from time to time. Each week, such issues should get better mended.

It has been going on every season between these two... it wasn't just this past Sunday, it has been all of them where they've played together, literally.

Of course it was. Some people have become more invested in hating Smith than cheering for the 49ers.
I agree and disagree. I have actually seen Smith and Crabtree develop consistent chemistry in the past. We saw it during Crabtree's rookie season, where he initially became Smith's favorite possession target, and then later on a legit deep threat. I think people under appreciate his deep ability. Most of Crabtree's touchdowns in his Career have been caught from passes over 30 yards. In 2010, the two started off the season terribly, probably because of lack of chemistry due to no PS for Crabs, but then they played well together in the Falcons and Eagles games until Smith got hurt and Troy came in.

QB and receiver need time and practice together to develop a chemistry. Chemistry is one of the biggest factors in a QB-WR connection. With time, the 11-15 connection will be legit.

Yea, they seem to do best on long balls, but all of the short midrange routes... they're just off. I hope you're right. To me, it seems like love loss between the two. How else could they have had their best chemistry during Crabtree's rookie season and Smith's first season back in awhile? It just doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Only issue I saw was the 3rd quarter (I think?) pass where it could have been an INT when Alex threw a back shoulder pass near the end-zone flag and Crabtree was thinking it was supposed to be another route design.

They definitely need to work out the kinks, but these things happen from time to time. Each week, such issues should get better mended.

It has been going on every season between these two... it wasn't just this past Sunday, it has been all of them where they've played together, literally.

True, but this year, it hasn't been as devastatingly bad. It has everything to do with the lack of work each off-season, but they can work through it. I think every player is now seeing the success that we can have, so there should be extra motivation to get things worked out. Crabtree seems more plugged in than ever, so all we can do is hope and expect they get these little things ironed out. The two are still getting some good results on the field lately.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Of course it was. Some people have become more invested in hating Smith than cheering for the 49ers.

You guys obviously cant take a joke. Im actually very happy for Alex Smith the man has been through a lot in his career. I hope he can have a good consistent rest of the season and get us to the playoffs.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Its a JOKE people .......................

take it easy nobody is hating on our HOF Qb. just chill out

i laughed...does that make a bad person?
They didn't have an offseason or camp together for the last 3 years for one reason or another. I think it's amazing they are connecting the way they are at all.
Originally posted by susweel:
Crabtree boned Smith's boy friend.

Good to see you back Sus. No Homo!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They didn't have an offseason or camp together for the last 3 years for one reason or another. I think it's amazing they are connecting the way they are at all.

This
Share 49ersWebzone