Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dashon Goldson Hit

Originally posted by IAMANALEXSEXUALOVER:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Shades of Ronnie Lott

Dare I say Ronnie Lott-esque?

I will say!

imagine if they didn't have the rules like when ronnie played! Goldson would be KO'ing people
Originally posted by SFSK8R89:

Wow! Goldson got big a hit s**t! it is great a nasty that i loved it!! Goood defense rock!! and PWillis is beasts too!! Whooooo... We are good a team right now!!
The thing I like is he's still getting better he had a slump year last year but is making up for it. If he continues to grow like this we are set at the safety position with Goldson, whitner, and smith.
Anyone have the hit on blount?
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers Dashon Goldson @thehawk38 is pleased he was not fined but not happy he was penalized 15 yards for clean hit. bit.ly/uR6PGh
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers Dashon Goldson @thehawk38 is pleased he was not fined but not happy he was penalized 15 yards for clean hit. bit.ly/uR6PGh

This is huge and refs can't be doing this s**t during the playoffs. These 15-yarders are huge penalties that can change games. They need to get it right or don't call it at all and let the league review and resolve it with fines. If they see the defender's head tilt to the side to try and avoid head to head, it should not be called.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM ]
So this is twice now right? Penalty but no fine. i.e. legal. i.e. no penalty.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Goldson-not-fined-for-penalized-hit-not-?blockID=587126&feedID=5936

It was so obvious in the game. I understand it looked bad in real time but you really shouldn't be so loose with the flags. The defenders have to make plays.
Thought this was the video of the hit..
Oh and mods can you fix my title please? Or tell me how to do it. It should read Goldson HIT part II.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Thought this was the video of the hit..

Sorry dude. That's not my department. I'm sure there is someone out there dying to post the video of the hit. It was all forearms from my memory though.
make these penalties reviewable,NAO
Refs are trying to feel their way through the new rules and emphasis on head trama. While it irks me to have these penalties called against the 9ers, so far they haven't hurt and if it saves a brain by being an example more power to the refs. Of course, I'm in favor of eliminating helmets and going back to the good old days when the hits were not as hard because pads were almost non existent.

Edit: and I agree with Chaz--make them reviewable.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

This is huge and refs can't be doing this s**t during the playoffs. These 15-yarders are huge penalties that can change games. They need to get it right or don't call it at all and let the league review and resolve it with fines. If they see the defender's head tilt to the side to try and avoid head to head, it should not be called.

Exactly. Let the league review it and fine it if they want but the refs shouldn't be throwing a flag every time they think it might be helmet to helmet.
dudes, when u upload vids, you can't call them "49ers" this or that. They'll get took down!
Goldson is right... game changing penalties like that (or PI's) should be reviewable becase the refs eff up too much. Especailly with this new, strict interpretation of a personal fout.