There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No Respect?!!!

4-1 is so legit. Who woulda thought?? Now onto the Lions.
1. Don't watch ESPN looking for 9er related shiet! Simple.
2. Don't listen to KNBR (a predominantly Baseball station) If you want football or 9er related shiet!
3. Check out 95.7 on your FM dial or on the Internet (they stream) if you want heavy football related (9er and r8dr) shiet!... and a little bit of every other sport in between.

Stop going to Wal-Mart looking for Target products. Sheesh.
I dont care that we aren't getting respect, but it does piss me off we aren't getting coverage....
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
2. Don't listen to KNBR (a predominantly Baseball station) If you want football or 9er related shiet!
3. Check out 95.7 on your FM dial or on the Internet (they stream) if you want heavy football related (9er and r8dr) shiet!... and a little bit of every other sport in between.

I just want to listen to KNBR to see what all those local radio host idiots have to say since they had the Niners sucking even after we were 2-1. They are completely avoiding talking about the Niners much.
  • Sman
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:

I just want to listen to KNBR to see what all those local radio host idiots have to say since they had the Niners sucking even after we were 2-1. They are completely avoiding talking about the Niners much.

I feel the same way and I do listen to 95.7 more. You'd think because they carry the Niner games they would talk more yet, all they talk is gaysball
Just watch CSN Bay Area. They're the only ones who legitimately cover the niners.
YOU GET PRAISE - you overrate yourself (i.e. last years first 4 games imo) and the team doesn't work as hard

YOU GET SLEPT ON - more motivation and drive to get that ''title shot''
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
Who cares what these "pundits" think of us. It's all about winning. The more we do that, the more respect we'll get.
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by MILFS:
Who cares what these "pundits" think of us. It's all about winning. The more we do that, the more respect we'll get.

it amazes me how stubborn a lot of them are. every year there like 3 or 4 teams who go from crap to playoff team, but every year these same guys pick the same teams to make the playoffs, then act suprised when it doesnt happen. if they were smart they'd have a couple of off the board selections to do well every year
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont care that we aren't getting respect, but it does piss me off we aren't getting coverage....

Yeah I can care less about respect through five weeks, but for ESPN to not acknowledge this win at all.. that's not cool. I want the whole nation to see that beat down! Not just on our bay area coverage stations
Adam Schein and Rich Gannon were giving love and props to the niners this morning on SiriusXM. And Adam Schein usually hates on the niners.
If we beat DET, I can just predict what's written in the national media, Detroit was what we thought they were, not a legit team.
Anyone see the guys on the NFL Network try and bait Jamie Dukes into giving Alex Smith and the team some sort of praise during the highlights? Dukes wouldn't bite; I think his line was about as neutral and as non-complimentary as one could be: "Alex Smith is making some plays."

Unfortunately, in this league, teams have to earn respect. I can't remember a time when it wasn't a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. This has already been debated, but can you imagine what the WZ would've been like during the 1991 season when Joe was out, Steve Young crashed and burned to a 2-4 start, and then Steve Bono took the team on a 5 game winning streak before he got hurt. I'm sure the team ( and S. Young) wasn't getting any mad respect at 2-4.
ive noticed this too. the steelers got more respect for beating the lowly titans than we did. but i rather fly under the radar because it just make all these idiots sooner or later have to give us our props, jamie dukes for example is one of the morons, yet u couldnt find a highlight of this guys career in the nfl no matter where u search, as a matter of fact alex smiths performance yesterday was better than that bums entire career & i find myself worrying about what this guy thinks of us? give me a break..