LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

No Respect?!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
respect? f**k that, we aint asking for s**t, we taking it
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Sman:
It's not only the national media it's the local a-holes too. Those c*cksuckers murph and mac were only talking baseball when I dropped my daughter off to school this morning...

I cant stand Murh and Mac and I can't stand KNBR. Everyone just stop listening to that damn station. Hopefully Murph and Mac, Gary Radnich, Barbieri and Tolbert will all go away.

Signed. 95.7 The Game all the way.
If we beat the Lions...

Be prepared for a lot less leg room on our wagon
Originally posted by Joecool:
Do you know why no one is buying?

Alex Smith.

These ex-players/tv guys have seen Alex Smith on film for 6 years and rarely have they seen a starting NFL caliber QB. I don't want to discredit Alex but I think they are just waiting for us to play against a better game plan and a defense that could misdirect our play design so that it does not play out as planned. I think they are waiting to see if Alex Smith can turn from game manager to play maker. Only then will Alex Smith prove himself to these guys. Until then, I don't think they consider us top 5 team.

Not to worry, people would say the same about Joe Montana. Basically, they underestimated Bill Walsh and now they are underestimating Jim Harbaugh.

Sad but true. Yet still a bunch of b******t (not you..them). Alex Smith has been the most CONSISTENT OFFENSIVE PLAYER on this team.

WRs have made drops.
Running game took a few games.
O-Line took a few games.

ALEX has been the only player who has generally played well through all 5 games (sans a quarter or two here and there).

I'll throw a stat line out there:

3500 (+/-), 19 TD, 12 INT, 63.7% comp, 88 rating

Those were Joe Montana's numbers in 1981 when we won our first SB.

These talking heads seem to forget that it's a collective effort. You don't need 300-400 yard games to win championships (see: Marino, Dan). Hell, you don't even need to go UNDEFEATED (see: Patriots vs Giants in the SB).

Go 49ers!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Even when we beat the lions, people still won't take us seriously.

This

That.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Oct 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM ]

This

No kidding. If we beat the Lions...the story will be..."Were the Lions just pretenders the whole time? COMING UP NEXT ON ESPN!"

f**k all these guys.

Go 49ers.
We are not yet an upper echelon team. The Bucs suck, I was pretty certain of this after watching them play against Indy. But we are legit - Teams will have to really gameplan for us now instead of thinking that we're an easy W on the schedule. But as long as this team keeps getting better, I don't see why we can't take that next step as the season progresses.

DET, BAL, PIT are the real statement games left on the schedule. I imagine the 49ers will be favored in all the others (except WAS)
How many threads do we need about this exact same thing, seriously?

It's simple. ESPN has a bias - this is not new. But at the same time, the 49ers haven't had a winning record in a decade! It's hard to be upset about not getting respect. This season so far has been great, but it's been FIVE games - they still have a long way to go to overcome a decade of being worthless. Either way, who cares what ESPN shows? I watched the game, I don't need to see the highlights.

Also, this "flying under the radar" line everyone has been using - that's crap. This isn't 1975 where teams are limited on how to scout. The teams that we are playing will be watching game film and will be prepared. They don't need ESPN for that. The only way "flying under the radar" would help us is if we were playing against the ESPN staffers.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Do you know why no one is buying?

Alex Smith.

These ex-players/tv guys have seen Alex Smith on film for 6 years and rarely have they seen a starting NFL caliber QB. I don't want to discredit Alex but I think they are just waiting for us to play against a better game plan and a defense that could misdirect our play design so that it does not play out as planned. I think they are waiting to see if Alex Smith can turn from game manager to play maker. Only then will Alex Smith prove himself to these guys. Until then, I don't think they consider us top 5 team.

Not to worry, people would say the same about Joe Montana. Basically, they underestimated Bill Walsh and now they are underestimating Jim Harbaugh.

Sad but true. Yet still a bunch of b******t (not you..them). Alex Smith has been the most CONSISTENT OFFENSIVE PLAYER on this team.

WRs have made drops.
Running game took a few games.
O-Line took a few games.

ALEX has been the only player who has generally played well through all 5 games (sans a quarter or two here and there).

I'll throw a stat line out there:

3500 (+/-), 19 TD, 12 INT, 63.7% comp, 88 rating

Those were Joe Montana's numbers in 1981 when we won our first SB.

These talking heads seem to forget that it's a collective effort. You don't need 300-400 yard games to win championships (see: Marino, Dan). Hell, you don't even need to go UNDEFEATED (see: Patriots vs Giants in the SB).

Go 49ers!

Prior to this week, a lot of our own fans weren't buying Alex and were even saying he had a "terrible" first half in PHI when he really didn't. I don't blame the outside world for not buying Alex yet.

It is still early and Defenses adjust and that's what those guys are banking on...underestimating that Harbaugh won't be able to counter the adjustments.
getting no love is one thing. i just hope when we get to the top and when these networks come knocking on the door we shut their asses out and leave them hanging like stray puppies in winter nights.

Mike and Mike With Chris Carter Link...Talking About Niners/JH Starts AT 1:00 http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7083730
This is the way we want it. Id rather go the whole season kicking butt & not. Getting respect by making the playoffs and beating teams to the super bowl would be more satisfying
Originally posted by crabman82:
respect? f**k that, we aint asking for s**t, we taking it

THIS!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Thats good, because the longer that JH can play that no respect card the better. Once the media starts sucking our dicks thats when players begin to have big heads.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

This

No kidding. If we beat the Lions...the story will be..."Were the Lions just pretenders the whole time? COMING UP NEXT ON ESPN!"

f**k all these guys.

Go 49ers.

You have the media guys who railed this organization for sticking with Alex Smith and losing the players we lost on defense... Those guys will admit the defense is legit but how many talking heads went out and laughed at the Niners this season with the remark "...but they still have Smith as the QB." They will point to the NFC west as why we are doing well without looking at the schedule and realizing only one win has been against a divisional opponent. But they will proclaim Cam Newton as the next coming of jesus in a uniform even though he is 1-4 and has thrown how many pic 6's?

Bottom line, no one is gonna give us any national respect until we go out and force them to respect us. Putting up a good show against Detroit will help, but in the long run if we win 3 or 4 of the games against Balt, Pitt, Wash, Browns or NYG preferably 4 wins... that puts us at a 7-3, 6-4 non-divisional record against what used to be the toughest division in the NFC along with the second/third toughest division in the AFC plus the Bucs & Lions.... that's respect. None of this 6-0 in the division to go 0-10 outside of it like in years past.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone