There are 421 users in the forums

Kudos to the O-line!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
ZERO sacks given up
Gore got another 100 yard game
fewer penalties....

After all the heat you have taken, great job! I think Snyder started for Chilo...could have made the difference
Maybe they don't suck?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Respect.
They are still a mediocre unit but having Chilo out helped a lot.

If they can contain Fairley, Suh, and Bosch then I will be impressed
Offensive line played lights out today, both in pass pro and the run game. Next week @ Detroit is a huge test against a very talented D-Line. Let's see how they perform against Suh, Vanden Bosch, Williams, Fairley, Avril.
Originally posted by Antix:
Respect.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Antix:
Respect.

Even without McCoy the Bucs have an above average D-Line. You cant deny that the 49ers O-Line played well against them. The unit will only get better as the season progresses (especially Anthony Davis). I wouldn't mind drafting a stud OG in the coming draft in the 2nd round in order to solidify the unit and provide better depth.
They were giving Smith time even before McCoy got hurt. The O-line played lights out today. Gave clean pockets to throw. The only time Smith had to scramble was because of coverage. Chilo will be gone at season's end. Synder stabilized the line.
Originally posted by Chico:
ZERO sacks given up
Gore got another 100 yard game
fewer penalties....

After all the heat you have taken, great job! I think Snyder started for Chilo...could have made the difference

Yes, they certainly deserve credit.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/10/12/congratulations-alex-patrick-aldon-frank-the-offensive-line/

Even Madden thinks we are good.

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
They are still a mediocre unit but having Chilo out helped a lot.

If they can contain Fairley, Suh, and Bosch then I will be impressed

I don't think anyone can contain Suh...or Megatron for that matter! we definately have our hands full this weekend. But, in Harbaugh we trust! I'm confident he will have a gameplan to neutralize those two! right Jimmy?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
No chilo makes the oline better..it was the same as last year
As the rest of the team, they are a work in progress and are improving every week. Snyder has made a huge difference and the coaching has really been spot-on.

It was good that they got called out and a fire was lit - now we have to keep the fires burning.
I just wanted to give the O-Line props as well. I really hope their performance against the Bucs was a sign that they are finally starting to gel. I want to see consistency from them with a good showing against the Lions before I get too confident.

You also have to consider that the play calling was superb in that game and Alex did a great job getting the ball out quick. Having said all of that. The run-blocking was all O-line and they absolutely bullied Tampa's outstanding D-Line and IMO deserve the majority of the credit for the offense's performance on Sunday. GO NINERS!
Share 49ersWebzone