There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hasnt Frank Gore reached the veteran courtesy stage of his career?

I'm not debating if Frank has lost a step or not he's still stud in my mind but playing fantasy football and just being a fan in general I've always read about players even much younger than Frank Gore who take certain days of the week off from practice but I've never heard of this approach with Franky G. Considering his age and proven ability I think it makes sense to start giving him regular practice time off during the week regardless of injury. I wonder if this is in the plans with Harbaugh or not but I think it makes sense.
Maybe because we have a new system that we are installing he isnt getting that treatment or anybody for that matter. In previous years Frank Gore never played in the preseason either.

Maybe next year once we the coaches are comfortable with these guys knowledge of the system we may see the older guys get the veteran courtesy day off but for now I bet Harbaugh wants these getting as much practice as possible
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,720
I highly doubt Gore even wants a day off. that guy is so dedicated to football it blows my mind.
Originally posted by THEB:
I highly doubt Gore even wants a day off. that guy is so dedicated to football it blows my mind.

This.

Dude has a heart for football like no other. True warrior. I'll miss him when he retires. Hopefully we can get him a ring, dude deserves it more than anyone on this team IMO
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
This.

Dude has a heart for football like no other. True warrior. I'll miss him when he retires. Hopefully we can get him a ring, dude deserves it more than anyone on this team IMO

Gore is an amazing player. His running style is so unique with how he seems to be parallel to the ground almost at times! As you all pointed out he's all heart! I hope Frank gets a ring as bad I as I hope to one day have him sign my authentic #21 probowl jersey!
I know that many people, including myself, were getting tired of having to see a slow and old Gore carrying the load for this team. His game vs the Eagles was nice, but whether or not he keeps it up doesn't matter to me in terms of how much I respect the guy. He has always been my favorite player on the team ever since he was drafted. No other player on this team cares more about winning and the 49ers than Frank. It sucks to see that he has lost a step, but it is the sad and inevitable truth.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,720
The greatest thing about gore is that he is a 49er! not in the obvious sense, but i mean he will stay with this team no matter what. he knows theres a possibility that we dont win a ring by the time he retires, but he has not and will not ditch out to a different team just for a ring, and that is the most respectable thing he or anyone can do.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I know that many people, including myself, were getting tired of having to see a slow and old Gore carrying the load for this team. His game vs the Eagles was nice, but whether or not he keeps it up doesn't matter to me in terms of how much I respect the guy. He has always been my favorite player on the team ever since he was drafted. No other player on this team cares more about winning and the 49ers than Frank. It sucks to see that he has lost a step, but it is the sad and inevitable truth.
Too soon.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,215
Originally posted by valrod33:
Maybe because we have a new system that we are installing he isnt getting that treatment or anybody for that matter. In previous years Frank Gore never played in the preseason either.

Maybe next year once we the coaches are comfortable with these guys knowledge of the system we may see the older guys get the veteran courtesy day off but for now I bet Harbaugh wants these getting as much practice as possible

Originally posted by THEB:
I highly doubt Gore even wants a day off. that guy is so dedicated to football it blows my mind.

Then why did he get upset this year because he had to play in pre-season games....?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,720
He didnt get upset about playing pre season games. he said it wasnt something hes used to, thats all.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home