There are 143 users in the forums

Watch Blake Castanzo

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just rewatched a couple of games on NFL rewind, and something off the field stuck out to me.

I'm loving this kid. Not just his work on special teams (which has been admirable), but the way he's in the game for 60 minutes.

He's the first guy onto the field to congratulate the defense on a stop, he's in the middle of the sideline celebration when Alex comes off after throwing a touchdown pass. Dude is clearly excited to be a part of this team and doing everything he can to be in the middle of everything. His energy level is intense. He'll follow a big play, running down the sideline along with the offense.

Love to see a guy who stays on his feet and supports his teammates when he's not involved. It's a sign of dedication and passion, and I can't wait to see how this translates on the field when he gets some chances to play D more extensively.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Dixon does that too!!! They are intense with a LOT of enthusiasm...but, i was just wondering who this Castanzo kid was?
Dude is purely a special teams player he wont get any real action unless people get hurt.
I actually noticed this during the Dallas game. I kept going, "Who the f**k is that guy?" He's always extremely excited and jumping around. When Ginn scored his second TD in Seattle he thumped Harbaugh in the chest all excited. It's fun to watch.Once you notice him doing it, you can't not see him do it each time.
We have quite a few of these type guys, surprisingly one of them is...Crabtree . You can never have too much of this team spirit on your team, it helps a lot when you have to dig deep to pull yourselves out of a 20 point deficit in the second half of the second straight road game against a consensus SB favorite. When guys develop trench warfare mentality and are playing for each other, it is a powerful thing. Team chemistry is a great and underrated asset, guys playing for the guy next to them play harder.
He is supposed to be a special teams ace brought in for Seely to use. If you want a good special teams coach and support them, they want at least 3 gunners and a couple of returners for them to work with.

This is the guy I always see on the sideline, and wondered who the hell is that? Because he's always right up Harbaugh's butt.
Yeah I have noticed that to. What's up with him telling Harbaugh to untuck his shirt?
He's our Jack Haley
Anthony Dixon and Blake Castanzo are the best cheerleaders we have but their production only comes from special teams.

• Jiks
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Yeah I have noticed that to. What's up with him telling Harbaugh to untuck his shirt?

Word is that the players made a bet with him that if the 9ers beat the Eagles he has to untuck his shirt on the sideline from now on...
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

And now, The Curious Case of the Untucked Sweatshirt. Many of you noticed that immediately following Sunday's game, backup linebacker Blake Costanzo ran over to Harbaugh at midfield and motioned for him to untuck his sweatshirt from his khakis. Harbaugh obliged. I asked Costanzo what was going on there. "It's kind of, throughout the week, it's business time," Costanzo said. "We're practicing. We're getting ready for things. He tells us, 'When we win, we can untuck our shirts.' And he forgot to do it. And I just helped him out with it a little bit."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/10/notes-dobbs-williams-competing-for-role-on-sundays.html#ixzz1ZwTMBif3
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Theres a whole thread i made on the untucked shirt thing here http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/158641-real-reason-49ers-won-today/
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
One of my favorite unsung players on special teams. He is the type of player that fosters the team atmosphere we need.
Originally posted by Chico:
Dixon does that too!!! They are intense with a LOT of enthusiasm...but, i was just wondering who this Castanzo kid was?

Blake Costanzo is a ILB who Brad Seely had in Cleveland, and is a ST gunner.
Share 49ersWebzone