LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

What is the chance we end up having a complete turn around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Why think draft anytime durring the season? I do hope we win this weekend. The Stick bettter be loud as hell. I know i plan on losing my voice there!!!!!!!

I'm tired of high draft picks.

I hope Aldon Smith is the last time we draft in the top 10 in a while (unless it is from a trade where we rape the other team, kinda like what the Patriots do and did to us with Mayo)

I want to see an Aldon Smith coming out / Fred Dean / Charles Haley party at the Stick this Sunday.
Yeah I still have to take um one game at a time too , but it's nice to feel like there is a chance to win in every game now. We are a young team so I expect some rougher spots still from time to time. The other teams in our division give me a great feeling about winning the weak @ss NFC WEST. We still have to become consistent every week and continue that arrow up path throughout the rest of this season. There is still a lot of football left to play.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by lyer:
Making the playoffs and winning a game would make me so damn happy. (with a winning record)

agree
Freakin crazy exhilerated ........
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
There have been a handful of teams (including us) that have had a complete turn around from the year before. I'm not talking about a 9-7 or 10-6 season either. I'm talking about 11-5 or better after having consecutive losing seasons. Though we had an excellent second half in Philly, we had a little bit of luck on our side too. I think if JH opens up the playbook and takes the leash of his team we have a real chance of having that kind of a turn around.

Brain fart alert. We were more than lucky to win this game. 2 missed field goals, a fumble as time was running out and almost in field goal position and mr bonehead brown with his nice pass at the goal line This game should not have been close. Why don't you post after week 8. Beat Tampa or Detroit, cleveland, Arizona, giants then start your chatter.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Brain fart alert. We were more than lucky to win this game. 2 missed field goals, a fumble as time was running out and almost in field goal position and mr bonehead brown with his nice pass at the goal line This game should not have been close. Why don't you post after week 8. Beat Tampa or Detroit, cleveland, Arizona, giants then start your chatter.

What are you, the hall monitor?

C'mon man, let him have his fun in the sun, dreamin'. There's no harm in it and what do you care? What he thinks inside his own head is his business. Plus he's had the best "game" he's had in years, the take out the cigarettes kind. Man, we all did. Is it just that you want to tell us about your issues with premature jubilation?

Y U NO LET PEEPS ENJOY?

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
phil jennings was a failure. alex smith??? is become ALEX SMITH!!!

This.
Originally posted by ninertico:
We are taking advantage of the moments to make more plays than the other teams except for the frickin' Dallas' game, we know. I watched the NFL Replay tonight, my third time watching that game. To be honest, I want to soak it in like dry sponge landing in a pool of water, slowly. You can see the development, the growth in each game. Players who didn't necessarily buy COMPLETELY into Harbaugh, are now, i.e. Crabs. He was so into the huddle at the end of the game with huge smiles, like a kid in a pee wee league just beating the best team. That's what's up.

The buy-in, the belief and the faith are what will drive this team to succeed, but primarily believing in themselves. They seem to actually take a "one game at a time" approach no matter how much we love to speculate the future. Harbaugh makes sure this team is focused, accountable and having fun. What a great recipe for winning games. It's obvious we do have some talent. It's also obvious that the previous regimes truly didn't have what it took to mold a successful offense except for Turner's reign. Everything else now seems to be floating to the surface, the garbage. The fruitless attempt by defensive coaches to successfully develop a QB. What bad choices.

Now, we have a team just believing in themselves, the coaches and the plan. That plan only focuses one week at a time towards our opponent at THAT time instead of dreaming about division championships, NFC championships and SuperBowls. That focus not only goes to one game at a time, but one PLAY at a time it seems. They make a mistake now, they truly shake it off on the next play. We are seeing the emergence of our offense and the dominance of our run D.

Whether you were rooting for Alex or was just sick of him, you have to admit...The boy has grown into a man. They grew. Let's hope they grow large enough to take the front seat next to him and take this team to the promise land, the playoffs. One thing at a time, one game at a time, we will do this.

Faith can be such a powerful thing.
Well said. Great post, tico!

This team is so much fun to watch this year.

Now, if they can keep that attitude when things get tough, when they run into a good team that isn't struggling. The Dallas game was as good a barometer as any so far--cause despite Romo's struggles in the Jets game and the Lions game, he played well against the Niners. It still took an OT for them to win it, and it shows that the Niners still have a ways to go.

Win or lose this season, I'm still just looking for signs of improvement week to week. And I love what I'm seeing so far.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
There have been a handful of teams (including us) that have had a complete turn around from the year before. I'm not talking about a 9-7 or 10-6 season either. I'm talking about 11-5 or better after having consecutive losing seasons. Though we had an excellent second half in Philly, we had a little bit of luck on our side too. I think if JH opens up the playbook and takes the leash of his team we have a real chance of having that kind of a turn around.

Week 8 in the books. Shall I wait until week 11 now to start my "chatter?"
I think 12-4 or 13-3 are real possibilities. a complete turn around which would be awesome!
7 games in and we have a 4 game division lead! I'd say that was a turnaround. We could defintly go 7-2 or 8-1 the rest of the way and end up the number 2 or 1 in the NFC.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
7 games in and we have a 4 game division lead! I'd say that was a turnaround. We could defintly go 7-2 or 8-1 the rest of the way and end up the number 2 or 1 in the NFC.

I'd expect us to go about 6-3 the rest of the way, which should still far surpass any expectations we had coming into this season.
12-4, oh yeah...

The whole team has turned around, but Alex Smith is the turn around player of the year. Couldn't be where we are without what he has done for the team this season. Camp Alex was genius! MVP material.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
At this point, I would be shocked if we don't get at least 10 wins this season (i.e. 4 more). We have 5 games remaining against the NFC West, plus should pick up another win or 2 elsewhere. I could legitimately see us going 14-2 this season (dropping one game on a bad day).
13-3. Which is very slightly nowhere near what I predicted during preseason Still think the real turnaround will be next year when the new coaching really starts to have its effects.
Originally posted by fryet:
At this point, I would be shocked if we don't get at least 10 wins this season (i.e. 4 more). We have 5 games remaining against the NFC West, plus should pick up another win or 2 elsewhere. I could legitimately see us going 14-2 this season (dropping one game on a bad day).

Giants, Ravens and Steelers present the biggest challenges. The road game in Seattle is never easy, and St. Louis just upset New Orleans. There are all kinds of challenges out there, but we have proven that we can beat the best. So I guess we're going to find out a lot about this team. Alex Smith has already proven once that when he needs to air it out, he can. The comeback against Philadelphia wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't gone buckwild passing in the second half. I hope to see more of that, as Braylon gets healthier, and his chemistry with Crabtree improves. But it's really important for him to get the ball to Vernon, he's the missing ingredient in a lot of our games this year. He had a big role in the victory against Cincinnati, I believe (or was it Philly?) Joe Staley and Isaac Sopoaga both had one more catch than Delanie. Strange game, but fun to watch.
We need to Sweep the divison! Also a win between the games with the Giants, Ravens and Steelers ( the three toughest opponents).
And I'm conviced that it will happen, this team has swagger, and is able to win in a hostile stadium ( Eagles, Lions)
Share 49ersWebzone