There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is the chance we end up having a complete turn around?

Originally posted by Next9erDynasty:
Speaking for myself, I'm just happy to finally feel that the team has a chance to win every game they play ...

This.
24-23 USC
Things are great right now but there will be setbacks and people in the zone will question Alex and Harbs and somehow take a shot at Baalke for no reason. As long as we learn from our mistakes and get better every week than we have a great chance for a turnaround. For once there is no game on the schedule that scares me. Don't know if we will win them but I think we have a very gifted team that is going to get better.
The fact that I can read this thread and think it is possible rather than ridiculous is quite a change from the first two weeks of the season. I was hoping for 8-8 with a possible 9-7. Now 9-7 seems very attainable and 10 or 11 wins not out of the picture.

Many of us thought we had a very good team last year only to see it fall flat on its face, now we can't trust our eyes. The difference? Coaching! An offsensive HC who is a great motivator, high energy guy, who expects to win.

I'm still not convinced they are as good as this but they had one month of practice and have played with mediocrity in getting three wins. If they ever play up to their potential it will be really fun!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I don't know what to believe, to be brutally honest. It just doesn't seem possible that Harbaugh could do this in less than a full season, but we beat the Eaglets and beat them in their own house dang it! That isn't just smoke and mirrors.

If we beat Tampa, and then beat the undefeated Lions? Oh yeah, I'll be drinking the koolaid -- and probably eating plenty of crow based on the things I've written about Alex Smith.

But we're not there yet. Tampa. The focus is on Tampa.
Admit it Bill, it will be the best tasting crow ever served. I don't think we are there yet, but the product we are seeing on the field is not what we have been seeing for the past 8-9 years. With some luck and hard work, this might be a playoff team that no one wants to play against. I am hoping the secondary will tighten up the coverage some, that and the o line are the issues right now, I think the talent is there on the line, they are just struggling to get the new scheme down.

Originally posted by lyer:
Making the playoffs and winning a game would make me so damn happy. (with a winning record)

agree
We are taking advantage of the moments to make more plays than the other teams except for the frickin' Dallas' game, we know. I watched the NFL Replay tonight, my third time watching that game. To be honest, I want to soak it in like dry sponge landing in a pool of water, slowly. You can see the development, the growth in each game. Players who didn't necessarily buy COMPLETELY into Harbaugh, are now, i.e. Crabs. He was so into the huddle at the end of the game with huge smiles, like a kid in a pee wee league just beating the best team. That's what's up.

The buy-in, the belief and the faith are what will drive this team to succeed, but primarily believing in themselves. They seem to actually take a "one game at a time" approach no matter how much we love to speculate the future. Harbaugh makes sure this team is focused, accountable and having fun. What a great recipe for winning games. It's obvious we do have some talent. It's also obvious that the previous regimes truly didn't have what it took to mold a successful offense except for Turner's reign. Everything else now seems to be floating to the surface, the garbage. The fruitless attempt by defensive coaches to successfully develop a QB. What bad choices.

Now, we have a team just believing in themselves, the coaches and the plan. That plan only focuses one week at a time towards our opponent at THAT time instead of dreaming about division championships, NFC championships and SuperBowls. That focus not only goes to one game at a time, but one PLAY at a time it seems. They make a mistake now, they truly shake it off on the next play. We are seeing the emergence of our offense and the dominance of our run D.

Whether you were rooting for Alex or was just sick of him, you have to admit...The boy has grown into a man. They grew. Let's hope they grow large enough to take the front seat next to him and take this team to the promise land, the playoffs. One thing at a time, one game at a time, we will do this.

Faith can be such a powerful thing.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The lower record we make the playoffs with, the higher our draft pick. Something to keep in mind!

f**k the draft. im tired of looking forward to the draft, next year i dont wanna know the name of the guy we draft before we draft him, i wanna be drafting late and have no idea who the f**k we drafted. too many years of being bad and looking forward to the draft by the bye week.
Originally posted by ninertico:
We are taking advantage of the moments to make more plays than the other teams except for the frickin' Dallas' game, we know. I watched the NFL Replay tonight, my third time watching that game. To be honest, I want to soak it in like dry sponge landing in a pool of water, slowly. You can see the development, the growth in each game. Players who didn't necessarily buy COMPLETELY into Harbaugh, are now, i.e. Crabs. He was so into the huddle at the end of the game with huge smiles, like a kid in a pee wee league just beating the best team. That's what's up.

The buy-in, the belief and the faith are what will drive this team to succeed, but primarily believing in themselves. They seem to actually take a "one game at a time" approach no matter how much we love to speculate the future. Harbaugh makes sure this team is focused, accountable and having fun. What a great recipe for winning games. It's obvious we do have some talent. It's also obvious that the previous regimes truly didn't have what it took to mold a successful offense except for Turner's reign. Everything else now seems to be floating to the surface, the garbage. The fruitless attempt by defensive coaches to successfully develop a QB. What bad choices.

Now, we have a team just believing in themselves, the coaches and the plan. That plan only focuses one week at a time towards our opponent at THAT time instead of dreaming about division championships, NFC championships and SuperBowls. That focus not only goes to one game at a time, but one PLAY at a time it seems. They make a mistake now, they truly shake it off on the next play. We are seeing the emergence of our offense and the dominance of our run D.

Whether you were rooting for Alex or was just sick of him, you have to admit...The boy has grown into a man. They grew. Let's hope they grow large enough to take the front seat next to him and take this team to the promise land, the playoffs. One thing at a time, one game at a time, we will do this.

Love this post!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The lower record we make the playoffs with, the higher our draft pick. Something to keep in mind!

f**k the draft. im tired of looking forward to the draft, next year i dont wanna know the name of the guy we draft before we draft him, i wanna be drafting late and have no idea who the f**k we drafted. too many years of being bad and looking forward to the draft by the bye week.

Why think draft anytime durring the season? I do hope we win this weekend. The Stick bettter be loud as hell. I know i plan on losing my voice there!!!!!!!
Originally posted by IAMANALEXSEXUALOVER:
Did you see our supposed QB of the future last night on MNF? Josh Johnson? Kid sure is fast...

That was Josh Freeman

Josh Johnson (who played for Harbaugh at USD, is the back up)
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by IAMANALEXSEXUALOVER:
Did you see our supposed QB of the future last night on MNF? Josh Johnson? Kid sure is fast...

That was Josh Freeman

Josh Johnson (who played for Harbaugh at USD, is the back up)
he played a little too

16 Individual Seasons baby

Aint nobody got it better

Alex is now becoming the real Phil Jennings
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he played a little too

He did?

Sorry for talking out my a$$ then. I only saw the end of the game when I got home and the outcome was in doubt.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

16 Individual Seasons baby

Aint nobody got it better

Alex is now becoming the real Phil Jennings

phil jennings was a failure. alex smith??? is become ALEX SMITH!!!