LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

What is the chance we end up having a complete turn around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There have been a handful of teams (including us) that have had a complete turn around from the year before. I'm not talking about a 9-7 or 10-6 season either. I'm talking about 11-5 or better after having consecutive losing seasons. Though we had an excellent second half in Philly, we had a little bit of luck on our side too. I think if JH opens up the playbook and takes the leash of his team we have a real chance of having that kind of a turn around.
We needn't get too ahead of ourselves. Growing pains should be expected. It is obvious, though, that the team is headed in the right direction.
I think getting the offensive line playing consistently goes a long way to this end. Getting Braylon and Spencer back from injuries would help too. If these happen towards the second half of the season. Yeah, think it's very possible this team may surprise all of us and go 10-6 or 11-5.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think getting the offensive line playing consistently goes a long way to this end. Getting Braylon and Spencer back from injuries would help too. If these happen towards the second half of the season. Yeah, think it's very possible this team may surprise all of us and go 10-6 or 11-5.

I'm definately excited about the possibilty. We could be this years cinderella. We have a great story.
11-5 or better?

Zero IMO. Not this year.

I'm sorry that's just too much of a leap of faith for me with Alex, a porous O-line, and a shaky secondary.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Winning 3 games is a complete turn around! Getting the players Harbaugh wants and taking over the league is what I am waiting for.
In today's NFL, with our talent? High.

With our QB judging off of 6.5 years: Low
With our QB judging by this year: High
I just to make the playoffs I don't care how we get there
The lower record we make the playoffs with, the higher our draft pick. Something to keep in mind!
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The lower record we make the playoffs with, the higher our draft pick. Something to keep in mind!

uh no

its where you finish in the playoffs

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
11-5 or better?

Zero IMO. Not this year.

I'm sorry that's just too much of a leap of faith for me with Alex, a porous O-line, and a shaky secondary.

Every team in the league has a shaky secondary at this point. Defenses are WAY behind the curve contrary to what many originally thought, myself included. I thought offenses would be behind the curve due to the lockout but it seems to be secondary players are paying the biggest price right now. If the line continues to get better as I expect them to and Alex continues to play mistake free football there's a chance. A slim chance but there is a chance. You can't say zero.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM ]
  • lyer
  • Veteran
Making the playoffs and winning a game would make me so damn happy. (with a winning record)
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
There have been a handful of teams (including us) that have had a complete turn around from the year before. I'm not talking about a 9-7 or 10-6 season either. I'm talking about 11-5 or better after having consecutive losing seasons. Though we had an excellent second half in Philly, we had a little bit of luck on our side too. I think if JH opens up the playbook and takes the leash of his team we have a real chance of having that kind of a turn around.

Let's not get to ahead of ourselves. We started off 3-1, a couples years ago, then tanked. Let's get through the next two games and see how things are. Injuries to us and the opposition effects everything. However. I am happy that with a little luck we are 3-1 instead of like last year 0-5. Still, teams are still learning about us, right now they they are not respecting the niners. When they do and they figure some of the things out, it will that much harder. Some of the other teams that we play may be in a tail spin, but they are still teams that are tough and we have not blown anybody off the ball, so they better keep their noses to the grind stone.
We're a team that no one wants to play right now

Not world-beaters or anything, just a lot better and way more organized

I'd say that makes us "turned around"
I don't know what to believe, to be brutally honest. It just doesn't seem possible that Harbaugh could do this in less than a full season, but we beat the Eaglets and beat them in their own house dang it! That isn't just smoke and mirrors.

If we beat Tampa, and then beat the undefeated Lions? Oh yeah, I'll be drinking the koolaid -- and probably eating plenty of crow based on the things I've written about Alex Smith.

But we're not there yet. Tampa. The focus is on Tampa.
Share 49ersWebzone