LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

NFL Power Rankings this week...my prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Looks like everyone has us in the middle of the pack. Still flying under the radar a bit. Let's see if we can keep proving it.

I'd rather fly under the radar the entire season
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Nuns:
The Eagles will free fall after losing to the Niners. Every team on their schedule is going to run that inside trap all day.

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Oh dont you know? The 49ers didn't do anything special. The Eagles "gave the game away."

Yeah, and we just beat a "bad 1-3 team."

Cincy was a terrible team when the 9ers beat them now they seem to have become decent in just a week.

This is how it works.

If you beat a team, their record becomes worse, therefore you beat a "bad" team and it doesn't prove anything.
If you lose to a "good" team, it doesn't matter how close the game was because "a loss is a loss".

Therefore, records and power rankings don't matter as much as how well your team is PLAYING. Our team is playing pretty well, that's all we really have to go by.
I wasn't impressed when we were 2-0 under Nolan because of the way we won. We didn't play well. But now, Alex Smith is making plays instead of throwing games away, and we have an incredibly good front seven, who is playing better than ever DESPITE the stats (maybe the stats back it up too).
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
These things are MUCH more fun when you're among the league's best.

We're a top 10 team. Make it happen power rankers.
Originally posted by okdkid:

we gotta stay under the radar but we cant lol
MEH. the rankings dont mean s**t to me.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:

Hard to stay under the radar when you are blowing the damn thing up along with everything else in sight. These 49ers dudes are in full blown f**k em' and nuke em' mode now.
[ Edited by Blitz on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Blitz:

Hard to stay under the radar when you are blowing the damn thing up along with everything else in sight. These 49ers dudes are in full blown f**k em' and nuke em' mode now.

When the Rams had that Super Bowl run, they were blowing everything up too. But it wasn't until mid-season before people started to care, and it wasn't until they WON the Super Bowl when people called them "for real".

Its going to take a LOT for us to change perception, especially with Alex Smith (no offense to him, but the perception has been setting in stone for 6 years).
We won't get that high. But if we beat Detriot we will. I really think the Morgan loss is big. Alex trusts him as a possesion WR and go to guy on 3rd downs. I hope we can win without him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Top 10.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
When the Rams had that Super Bowl run, they were blowing everything up too. But it wasn't until mid-season before people started to care, and it wasn't until they WON the Super Bowl when people called them "for real".

Its going to take a LOT for us to change perception, especially with Alex Smith (no offense to him, but the perception has been setting in stone for 6 years).

This. Remember there is a HUGE West Coast bias because of the East Coast Writers.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Blitz:

I would agree with that. I'm just saying there really isn't a radar anymore, they blew it up. The people who know football, don't need no stinkin' power rankings or any other blah blah from the punditry to know how good a team is (or bad).

I have a problem with this "under the radar"/East coast bias thing. I have been reading about it for years on Seachickens forums. They sound like a bunch of f**king whiners for it. Lets not be whiner's...it's not Harbaugh's style. Let the W's do the talking and f**k em' all.
[ Edited by Blitz on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:38 AM ]
We are the Stealthy 49ERS ........... We fly undetected under all radar.
I still think we're flying under the radar, even though we destroyed the Bucs, most highlights I saw talked about the Raiders' victory and how it was dedicated to their owner. So, maybe other teams haven't noticed us just yet. We have a lot of momentum going into Detroit, let's see how they do on a short week against our Niners even though it's their home game. Before the Bucs game was even played, I predicted we'd beat Tampa Bay, but lose to Detroit. Now, I'd give us 50/50 chances and could pull off the upset. Geez, in recent years, I'd never consider the Lions as a threat, now they're legit...go figure.
we best be in the top 10 after beatin the bucs ass
  • dj43
Other coaching staffs will look at the film and realize they better not take the 49ers lightly. They don't look at rankings like fans do.

I would guess the 49ers will be ranked in a range of 14-18. Though Tampa Bay was NFC South leader, that division does not get the cred that AFC East and NFC East gets. Several teams in those divisions will get ranked higher than they deserve, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone