There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Thread

Originally posted by Mrpelonsj:
don't mean to rain on anybody's parade....I'm happy were winning........but doesn't it feel like we've been very lucky on these wins?........don't get me wrong we will take the win.........i just hope we continue winning

its not our fault they are effing themselves up. its our responsibility to take advantage of their mistakes.
f**k yea.......NINERS ALL DAAAYYYY!@
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
don't mean to rain on anybody's parade....I'm happy were winning........but doesn't it feel like we've been very lucky on these wins?........don't get me wrong we will take the win.........i just hope we continue winning

Its about time the ball starts bouncing in our favor.
and start getting some respect and some love..its our time!
If Alex plays well the rest of the year and we win the division, we may not be in a position to draft any of the top QB's. He'll have not only earned his spot but also left us with few other options (Kap looks like a long term project imo). Letting him walk won't be an option and we won't want him to, imo.

I'd work on re-signing Rogers this year (maybe around the bye week). Not only has his play warranted it, but his recent comments make me think he really wants to be here.

I love the idea of keeping Braylon, but we need to see him on the field first.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Rodgers for sure, Not sure yet on Edwards as he has not played enough to make a judgment on him and one game does not make a QB, les we forget he was "Alex Smith" for 2.5 quarters of that game.

Dude he was Alex Smith for the whole game. He is a much improved QB this year, but it is still Alex. If he keeps playing like he has this year, getting a little better each game, there is no way he doesn't get an extension. When Edwards gets back into it and the team has more of the playbook down I am willing to bet we have one of the harder offenses to stop. Anyone that thinks this is the same old Smith is just blinded by their preconceived mindset about his past or just doesn't know much about QBs. You can look at his mechanics, footwork, decision making and most importantly much improved accuracy and all have gotten measurably better from last year, when he played average for us.
Originally posted by fly15:
Romo might b available

Very ironic recommendation considering the weekend collapse. Most coaches would be scared of guys like Romo because they are just likely singlehandedly lose games as they can win games.
comment on nfl network by Eskin.......alex smith mistaken for joe Montana ?
if we get 10 or more wins and a playoff victory this year then yes, no doubt bring him back. rogers is a no brainer... i love this pick up. he is balling!
Originally posted by fly15:
just saying, but I'm serious

Is that you skip bayless?
i know what you are sayin... but how many games and years have we been UNLUCKY! its about time we get ours.
we are going to keep winning this year for sure IMO..... more time and games under harbaugh is only going to benefit us.

AND ON ROMO..... i wouldn't touch that guy with a 10 foot flag pole he is way to inconsistent for me.. i would be pulling my hair out watching that guy every week
I always have been a strong supporter of Alex. I hope he does well. But even me needs to see more from Alex. I surly hope he comes thru. Its too early still to know what this team and Alex is about. What you all saw yesterday was a team playing. The team won the game, not Alex, on the otherhand if it was a loss the team lost the game. Stop the blame game folks. We seem to have a team. The reason Alex looked so bad was the team was bad. The reason Alex looked so good was the team was good.
agreed...bleeds9ersredandgold
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So I know everyone is talking about Alex Smith ALONE, but a huge part of this was PROTECTION.

I told you all benching Chilo Rachal was the beginning. That was the beginning. Next we have to coach up Anthony Davis or seriously consider Alex Boone as competition.

Give Alex a decent, even a bit more time than he's had and he beats you with Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree. Can't wait to see Edwards back.

I thought Anthony Davis definitely settled down. I do agree with you that we need to coach him up....wait for it...

...for LT.

I've been saying that for a while. He may be better suited for LT and Staley has played RT already so shouldn't be to hard a transition. But I'm sure the coaches will figure that one out.
lock up rodgers. bring back edwards for a couple years, and i really think alex would come back on a 1 or 2 year contract untill kaps ready(if he is ever ready) just to stay in the system and he seems to like harbaugh alot.