There are 155 users in the forums

Little bit of respect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If our o-line plays solid we can win assuming everyone keeps up on their upward progress. Even scouts inc.(for what its worth) can see our potential: I think we are better than a 6 win team. we already won 2 and most of these past seasons we get on a little run at the end no matter who's coaching or playing. Now we have better coaching and better players (o-line?).

By Mike Sando

The San Francisco 49ers are 2-1 and leading the NFC West heading into Week 4. Does that suddenly make them division favorites with the St. Louis Rams sitting 0-3? "I guess I'm leaning toward San Francisco, but I don't feel confident," Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said this week. "The Rams could finish strong. I can't see Seattle doing it. And I think Arizona is a six-win team, but they are all kind of six-win teams." The 49ers won six of their final 11 games last season. That makes them 8-6 over their last 14 regular-season games. The Rams and Seahawks are 5-9 during the regular season over the same span. The Cardinals are 3-11. With that, a closer look at the 49ers from Williamson's perspective:

[+] EnlargeJamie Sabau/Getty ImagesRunning room has been harder to come by for Frank Gore this season.

On the struggling ground game:"Frank Gore doesn't look good. He is not attacking things. Gore looks like he is playing hurt. He has run so competitively in the past. He would not just go in the tank. I think Kendall Hunter is very interesting. He looks like he is playing at a different speed when he goes in there. I don't know if Gore has lost a step, but there is no running room for him. You can see where Gore is frustrated. Their line is abysmal. It is amazing."

On quarterback Alex Smith:"Smith has exceeded my expectations. He does not make a lot of mistakes. You can grind out some wins. I give Jim Harbaugh credit. He is manufacturing offense. It is a real test for Harbaugh because Smith is so limited. I just don't think he throws the football very well. He is a good athlete, but he is not big and strong, doesn't make difficult throws, doesn't handle the rush real well, doesn't anticipate things real well. But he is smart and I do think he has some ability. I thought Harbaugh could turn him into a serviceable West Coast guy if he is all he is cracked up to be."

On the offense overall: "They finally got Vernon Davis involved. They use a lot of double tight end sets. Delanie Walker is a nice player, but too often those guys have had to help the offensive line, especially Davis. I would like to see what the offense can do with both Braylon Edwards and Michael Crabtree healthy for a game or two. Those guys have obvious inconsistencies, but they also have obvious talent. They might be able to open up room for one another, for Davis, for the run game, make life easier for Smith. Overall, if they turn the ball over, they are done."

On the defense: "Their front seven is fantastic. I don't know if everyone knows how good Justin Smith is, but he is one of the 10 best players in the league on defense.Patrick Willis is, to me, the best second-level defender in football. I'm not saying best linebacker because it's not fair to compare him to DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, those guys. But Willis is the best second-level defender and it's not even close. They have two other guys, NaVorro Bowman and Ray McDonald, playing out of this world. Bowman is a big-time find. The 49ers are tough on all down-and-distances. Not only is the nose tackle (Isaac Sopoaga) playing well, but then he comes off the field and Smith and McDonald go inside, and then the outside guys are a handful, too. Aldon Smith has flashed, Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks. I don't love Donte Whitner, but he is an upgrade. They are a corner short even though Carlos Rogers has played very well."
I thought it was a very good read. Gives me a little hope for the year.
We can win this game but no turnovers and penalities. Got to run, and I thinking Hunter is the man thats going to stand up and give notice.
If Matt Williamson wrote a flattering piece on the Niners, he would be hailed as one of the greats. The praise would be endless. However, if you criticize the Niners, you will be questioned on your credentials, dismissed, or slandered.

The difference between Matt and many board members, is that he analyzes without bias. A warm fuzzy feeling about a team does not dismiss some serious flaw that are probably not going to magically disappear anytime soon.

A 9-7 team? Crazy talk.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
If Matt Williamson wrote a flattering piece on the Niners, he would be hailed as one of the greats. The praise would be endless. However, if you criticize the Niners, you will be questioned on your credentials, dismissed, or slandered.

The difference between Matt and many board members, is that he analyzes without bias. A warm fuzzy feeling about a team does not dismiss some serious flaw that are probably not going to magically disappear anytime soon.

A 9-7 team? Crazy talk.

Maddog has spoken. Thx

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Lol

Sounds like he is spot on. One of the more objective assessments I've seen. The second we go into the negative turnover ratio in a game we're done.

Sneaking into the playoffs is all that matters. In 4 of the past 6 super bowls, there was a team that barely even qualified for the playoffs that made it all the way to the big dance (Pit, NYG, Zona, and GB), 3 of which won it.
Our Defense=

Our Offense =
Pretty accurate breakdown
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

A 9-7 team? Crazy talk.

Quoted for future reference. I think we finish exactly 9-7
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Lol

Share 49ersWebzone