Who does Hunter remind you of?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6250793/billicks_take_kendall_hunter/
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanForever:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NinerFanForever:
After reading all the posts so far... this one makes the most sense.

mjd is a power back hunter is going to have to rely on his speed

I think Hunter reminds me of Hunter! He is a strong little guy. Its just hard to compare this rookie to star running backs. MJD and Hunter are both small and fast. I am surprised by Hunter's strength so that is why I see the connection here. whatever... i'm glad we have a stud number 2 behind Gore.

Exactly, if he was purely a change of pace back(i.e reggie bush) we would have used a.dixon for that redzone td the other day. Hunter is strong enough to still get through the tackles. His legs aren't super thick like MJD's but he's definitely got a unique mix of quickness and strength.

To make a true comparison we'd have to see what MJD looked like his rookie year because players always get better conditioned, especially with the shortened offseason we had this year.

Eric Metcalf
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by gamechanger:

This is mroe spot on than any of the others IMO. Lets just hope he doesnt have tikis attitude, or fumblitis.

Yeah, if you watch his college highlights they have a very similar style. Shifty, with great vision and enough speed to run outside or take it to the house.
If Dixon has a 7 yard TD run tomorrow, is he the next Jim Brown?
can we wait till he has a full good game before jinxing him....
Originally posted by mayo49:
He reminds me of a Westbrook/Sanders combo. Discuss.

Westbrook /Gore
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Frank Gore's Backup
Dave Meggett for sure
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Sanders is/was one of a kind.

I'm glad I got to watch him play. Can you imagine what records he would've set if he were on a decent team???

Greatest running back to ever play the game. Sorry Jim Brown, OJ, and Sweetness.

maybe James Brooks or Dalton Hilliard
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
He reminds me of a Better version of Garrison Hearst. Anyone else see it?

The guy has played in the preseason and a handful of reps during the first 3 weeks and you're claiming he is better than one of the best RB's in 49er franchise history? really?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
He reminds me of a Better version of Garrison Hearst. Anyone else see it?

The guy has played in the preseason and a handful of reps during the first 3 weeks and you're claiming he is better than one of the best RB's in 49er franchise history? really?

He's not as fast as Hearst. Not even as big. But he is pretty quick. With a high upside.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Frank Gore's Backup

Sunday's starter.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

As much as I HATED Tiki Barber, that's an awesome comparison.
Share 49ersWebzone