There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

to the guys that witnessed the glory days...

What was it like? Watching the great players like montana, rice, young, craig and others shine every game?? I was born in 95 so I completely missed out on the best years of the niners.
Youtube is your friend
Originally posted by backontop:
Youtube is your friend

i know but i want it from a fans perspective.. peoples personal experience when they watched it live.
It was great. I used to go to Rocklin for training camp at Sierra College. Anything less than a trip to the Super Bowl was considered a failure during that time. Eddie D was a great owner, he spared no expense for his players and did everything first class. These last 8+ years have definitely been rough,but I think Harbaugh is a good coach and will get the ship turned around.
It was great! We would blow teams away damn near every game.
damn dude you gotta be the youngest on this board
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
It was great. I used to go to Rocklin for training camp at Sierra College. Anything less than a trip to the Super Bowl was considered a failure during that time. Eddie D was a great owner, he spared no expense for his players and did everything first class. These last 8+ years have definitely been rough,but I think Harbaugh is a good coach and will get the ship turned around.

the year i moved to rocklin they left
Christ. I have pants older than you. lol Steve Young said it best. "Anything short of a Super Bowl win was a train wreck." Think New England times 5. Really, there was no excuse for us not to at least make it to the NFC Championship every year...which was always the real Super Bowl back then. Everybody hated us...and I LOVED IT!!! Now, we're not even worthy of a second thought. Harbaugh's right. It's up to the team to TAKE the respect back. I think he'll do it and then hopefully you and the rest of the young bucks get a fraction of a taste of what us older fans got to enjoy...cuz it ain't ever gonna be like that again. Not for anybody. The salary cap was made because of us. There's a certain pride I take in that and the reason why short of being found in bed with a dead girl or live boy, Eddie Debartolo will always have my undying love. Crap, even if...maybe. lol
[ Edited by putangina on Sep 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
damn dude you gotta be the youngest on this board

im probably the most dedicated niner fan of my age group
[ Edited by gold49digger on Sep 30, 2011 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by putangina:
Christ. I have pants older than you. lol Steve Young said it best. "Anything short of a Super Bowl win was a train wreck." Think New England times 5. Really, there was no excuse for us not to at least make it to the NFC Championship every year...which was always the real Super Bowl back then. Everybody hated us...and I LOVED IT!!! Now, we're not even worthy of a second thought. Harbaugh's right. It's up to the team to TAKE the respect back. I think he'll do it and then hopefully you and the rest of the young bucks get a fraction of a taste of what us older fans got to enjoy...cuz it ain't ever gonna be like that again. Not for anybody. The salary cap was made because of us. There's a certain pride I take in that and the reason why short of being found in bed with a dead girl or live boy, Eddie Debartolo will always have my undying love. Crap, even if...maybe. lol

wow that sounds amazing damn it why did i have to be born rite as the dynasty ended
I just miss knowing that no matter what the score or how much time was left on the clock we could win it. Miracles were commonplace back then.
We were so good, I loved it when we'd get pinned inside our own 5. Just more yards to add to Joe(and Steve), Jerry, JT, Craig(and Watters), Rathman, Jones' stats cuz we WERE going to score. Matter fact, we were so good, I don't even think we employed a punter back in those days.
[ Edited by putangina on Sep 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM ]
I really felt that 1994-1995 team was unstoppable when fully healthy. Teams like that are unfathomable in today's NFL.

Imagine:

A top 3-5 QB in the league
The best wide receiver in the league, with a legitimate number one receiver at #2
One of the best tight ends in the league
The best cornerback in the league
Another great corner in Eric Davis
One of the best running backs (thought underrated) in the league
One of the best free safeties in the league
A stout o-line
An amazing d-line, even w/o Charles Haley, w/amazing LBs
Most important, some genius coaches and assistant coaches, many of whom are now successful head coaches in the NFL

Pretty much every position, w/the exception of maybe Patrick Willis, was better than today's team. And of course David Akers. Doug Brien, what a s**thead he was.
To think at one time we could have had a potential 11-0 vs. 11-0 showdown on MNF with the Giants in 1990
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
I really felt that 1994-1995 team was unstoppable when fully healthy. Teams like that are unfathomable in today's NFL.

Imagine:

A top 3-5 QB in the league
The best wide receiver in the league, with a legitimate number one receiver at #2
One of the best tight ends in the league
The best cornerback in the league
Another great corner in Eric Davis
One of the best running backs (thought underrated) in the league
One of the best free safeties in the league
A stout o-line
An amazing d-line, even w/o Charles Haley, w/amazing LBs
Most important, some genius coaches and assistant coaches, many of whom are now successful head coaches in the NFL

Pretty much every position, w/the exception of maybe Patrick Willis, was better than today's team. And of course David Akers. Doug Brien, what a s**thead he was.

We sure as hell could use Bob McKitrick now...among others. RIP That guy took low round and undersized guys and molded them into great O Lines.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home