LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

What Week this season, will Alex Smith be knocked out of action

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Really wish some "fans" would have 1/10th the dedication to this team that Smith has. It would make the fanbase a s**tton better.

if the fans were like Alex Smith our stadium would be even quieter, because no one could hear us clapping with our tiny hands.

Hey that's all right. Can't hear them all now anyways. They're too busy selling their tickets to fans of the opposite team.

Just like Alex and his INTs.
Originally posted by 9ernick:
I kinda doubt he would play with broken ribs. But he did try and play with a seperated shoulder

f**kin Romo didn't have broken ribs or a punctured lung, that p***y was playing his injury up to be more dramatic than it really was. If he had a punctured lung he would not have been playing, he would have been at the emergency room. He might have had bruised ribs, but his recovery was too quick for the injuries he claimed to be true.
Really wish some "fans" would have 1/10th the dedication to this team that Smith has. It would make the fanbase a s**tton better.

Alex Smith raped my 20's. I wouldn't be to beat up.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
f**kin Romo didn't have broken ribs or a punctured lung, that p***y was playing his injury up to be more dramatic than it really was. If he had a punctured lung he would not have been playing, he would have been at the emergency room. He might have had bruised ribs, but his recovery was too quick for the injuries he claimed to be true.
EXACTLY!
It will be soon if JH doesn't start calling dinks and dunks on Box 8 defenses, which sometime morph into box 9 or 10. Our OL cannot block 3 guys more than the O has if all 8 are coming. We have to get the Box 8 defenses to back off, and only way to do that is give them quick outs or slants, a Joe montana game plan, until they back off and then we can run on a 3 or 4 man front...and we can then throw 5-7 step passes. As is, with JH not recognizing or not knowing what to do against a box 8, alex is bound to get hurt. It is just an matter of time. Break the back of the box 8 and he makes it through the season.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It will be soon if JH doesn't start calling dinks and dunks on Box 8 defenses, which sometime morph into box 9 or 10. Our OL cannot block 3 guys more than the O has if all 8 are coming. We have to get the Box 8 defenses to back off, and only way to do that is give them quick outs or slants, a Joe montana game plan, until they back off and then we can run on a 3 or 4 man front...and we can then throw 5-7 step passes. As is, with JH not recognizing or not knowing what to do against a box 8, alex is bound to get hurt. It is just an matter of time. Break the back of the box 8 and he makes it through the season.

I agree .......... I just have to wonder how long we will have to wait to see that finally happen.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Like him or not, he is one of the toughest qbs playing.

That's true .......... and he isn't whining about the hits the refs are allowing.
What kind of thread is this? Seriously!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

But that's the problem, defenses ARE giving us the deep routes and taking away the dinks and dunks until we beat them on those open deep routes. We need to just snap the ball, take one step back and throw it up for a 30 yard pass on the sideline a couple of times to back them off.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
if the fans were like Alex Smith our stadium would be even quieter, because no one could hear us clapping with our tiny hands.

Obviously, I am an Alex fan, but yeah... I LOL'd...
Originally posted by Joecool:
But that's the problem, defenses ARE giving us the deep routes and taking away the dinks and dunks until we beat them on those open deep routes. We need to just snap the ball, take one step back and throw it up for a 30 yard pass on the sideline a couple of times to back them off.

link?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:

link?
I'm not about to pull articles but even one of the Matt's play-by-play breakdowns stated this. The poster on here who has the coach's film also noticed this.

Teams are not afraid of our deep ball because we haven't beaten anyone with it. They are applying pressure and taking away the quick hitting routes. We need to just throw some up on the sidelines to back em off. I don't think Namdi is all that great vs the deep ball. And Rogers-Cromartie was in ARI last year and we weren't that scared of him. Samuel is very good at underneath routes but I have yet to see him shut a WR down on deep routes.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Obviously, I am an Alex fan, but yeah... I LOL'd...

I lel'd also.
49ers can't afford to have Alex go down any time this year. Kaepernick nor Tolzein are ready. So I say first week of march 2012, freak accident involving a banana peel.
Share 49ersWebzone