There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith has 99 yards passing, no int's, no fumbles, 1 rush TD, and a WIN!

Alex Smith has 99 yards passing, no int's, no fumbles, 1 rush TD, and a WIN!

What is the feeling of the WZ? Will you whine and cry like a little girl if the game is not pretty enough? Or is a win a win for you?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 30, 2011 at 1:03 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
a "W" is all I need... i'm that easy
If he can win 10-12 games with those same numbers, sure, whatever. You know that s**t is going to catch up sooner than later though.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
a "W" is all I need... i'm that easy

I agree. A win is a win. We haven't won for years around here. So now we are 2 - 1 and lead the division and Alex is not turning the ball over and making good decisions. People should be happy...
A win isn't a win if it doesn't show up on ESPN.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Sep 30, 2011 at 1:07 AM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:
If he can win 10-12 games with those same numbers, sure, whatever. You know that s**t is going to catch up sooner than later though.

Suppose we win the division and see the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade. Is that good enough?
he could have 4 yards passing for all i care. i just wanna win, tired of losing!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he could have 4 yards passing for all i care. i just wanna win, tired of losing!

I agree. I don't care about the stats. "W" is what matters. But not to these guys on the WZ. They want to see 430 yards, 3 picks and an "L.".....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 30, 2011 at 1:10 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
400+ yards tell me one thing... that you are playing from behind... you are playing catch up. those are loser stats IMO
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Suppose we win the division and see the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade. Is that good enough?

I would be delighted. Wonder how many QB's in NFL history have finished dead last in passing and lead their team to a division title though?
I'd prefer to have Alex Smith throw for 430 yards and a win
Originally posted by modninerfan:
400+ yards tell me one thing... that you are playing from behind... you are playing catch up. those are loser stats IMO

That's true. Mostly you want low stats. Because you are winning and running out the game clock....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM ]

I would be delighted. Wonder how many QB's in NFL history have finished dead last in passing and lead their team to a division title though?

Maybe this one will. Our division is terrible. And I don't think he will finish dead last BTW.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I'd prefer to have Alex Smith throw for 430 yards and a win

Will not happen.

Maybe this one will. Our division is terrible. And I don't think he will finish dead last BTW.

You're right. His stats won't count in the top 32 because Kap will be in by week 8.