There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Going to the game this weekend...

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Glorious classy fans of Philly

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

As a former Phikly resident who has been to games as 49er fan I would just advise you NOT to wear any 49er team stuff.... Especially if your in thhe cheap seats.

This, i wouldn't wear niners gear within 10 miles of the stadium on sunday, philly is no joke. Esp if you are going alone or taking your family, why invite trouble to yourself?
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM ]
I live in PA and have been to many Eagles games. I have seen Phily fans act very good and I have seen them act like a bunch of douche bags.

Example: Giants / Eagles NFC playoff game 2 years ago. I was in the bathroom and an Eagles fan poored his whole beer on a giants fans head. At first I was pissed cause what a waste of a perfectly good beer (about $8), but the guy who got the beer shower was about 90 years old. I wasn't the only one though. Everyone said it was a D!ck move.

I love our niners, but I will not go see them in Philly. Plus I can't stand Eagle Fans. I always say the team is good, but the fans are a$$holes. I actually am going to see them in Washington this year and I will be sporting a 49ers jersey.

So to answer the question. I say Wear it at your own risk. 1:00 game? maybe they won't be that drunk to mess with you. If we win I think your in trouble.
[ Edited by tbyrdc3 on Sep 30, 2011 at 12:22 PM ]
good luck. enjoy the ass whipping.
Wear your s**t, be loud and proud and take your asswhooping like a man.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Glorious classy fans of Philly

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

As a former Phikly resident who has been to games as 49er fan I would just advise you NOT to wear any 49er team stuff.... Especially if your in thhe cheap seats.

lol i remember this little gem.

I lived in Philly for one year and that's when I started hating the Eagles. They have the worst fans.
I went to the game last year. Was not fun. They kept throwing snowballs at me and my brother. My bro is going to the game this year as well, but I can't make it
Well i went to one a few years back, and I have to say, uuum, it depends on who you are with, what you are wearing, and what the score is. Last time i went with the wife and my babies, BELIEVE ME when i say, they will still let you have it. But they are more controlled when they see you are with a family, and not too mention I had my Rice Jersey on.

Now when i went with a friend before, that was an entirely different beast. Depending on where your seats are, sometimes you'll see stuff flying in front of you. Not necessarily on us, but all around us. To the point where i let the Eagles fans that they hit, do all the yelling when they turned around and we all pointed up to the cheap seats.

My buddy is still trying to get some tickets for us, but if not, I say just like the guy above, it's a 1pm game so they are pretty controlled at that time. But I will say if we are winning, and it's getting late in the fourth quarter. My advice is, if the game is pretty much finished as the result of a blowout, or too big of a lead. Then definitely leave early. Don't wanna run into the 4pm drunkies in PHilly.
Their only gonna get mad when the Niners are winning....so you can take that either way
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
What a p***y. Leave your jersey in the closet where it belongs. You don't deserve to be wearing the red and gold.

Easy to say coming all the way from Northern California. You've clearly never been to an Eagles game. I never said I wasn't going to wear it, I'm gauging public opinion.

Also I think this would warrant a warning for personal attack MODS!

Northern California, Philly, Oakland, Mexico, China, etc. etc. No difference. You either wear it with pride, or leave it at home in the closet where it belongs because you are afraid of being hazed for what you believe in.

Why do you need "public opinion" to approve what you wear?

"Umm mods, I created a new thread to show how afraid I am of wearing my colors at another stadium and now I'm being called a p***y for it. Please make it stop."
Your butthole is going to be sore win or lose....Sport your gear no matter what dude.
  • jdc49
  • Veteran
im going with a girl shes and eagle fan, it will be embarassing to get your a** handed to you in front a girl your trying to impress.im still going to wear and a** whooping is good for the soul sometimes, ill be in section 110 row 7, go niners!!!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
What a p***y. Leave your jersey in the closet where it belongs. You don't deserve to be wearing the red and gold.

Easy to say coming all the way from Northern California. You've clearly never been to an Eagles game. I never said I wasn't going to wear it, I'm gauging public opinion.

Also I think this would warrant a warning for personal attack MODS!

Northern California, Philly, Oakland, Mexico, China, etc. etc. No difference. You either wear it with pride, or leave it at home in the closet where it belongs because you are afraid of being hazed for what you believe in.

Why do you need "public opinion" to approve what you wear?

"Umm mods, I created a new thread to show how afraid I am of wearing my colors at another stadium and now I'm being called a p***y for it. Please make it stop."
Have you ever been to philly? Then keep your mouth shut. Going to games there is different than going anywhere else. It's not like Oakland where it's all talk and they dress up like it's Halloween. Philly is a foul city with ruthless sports fans. Your contribution to this thread is about as useless as a second a$$hole. Speaking of a$$holes.... nevermind.
Wtf? is that even a Question? YEA wear ur f**king jersey.
Represent.

Dont be scared of some f*ggot Philly Fans who think their the s**t. If someone throws a beer at you, lay hands on that fool, f**k it. But, if u get yelled at, yell back, its football baby.

I hate Eagle fans, and when your there, with your jersey, with the us winning on the scoreboard, evey one of those f*ggots will have their mouths closed shut, and you will be there screamin your ass off,

Wear the jersey, my friend. f**k THE EAGLES
Carry a gun and if they disrespect then kill them, show'em how we do out here!

jk jk but seriously carry a gun
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Wtf? is that even a Question? YEA wear ur f**king jersey.
Represent.

Dont be scared of some f*ggot Philly Fans who think their the s**t. If someone throws a beer at you, lay hands on that fool, f**k it. But, if u get yelled at, yell back, its football baby.

I hate Eagle fans, and when your there, with your jersey, with the us winning on the scoreboard, evey one of those f*ggots will have their mouths closed shut, and you will be there screamin your ass off,

Wear the jersey, my friend. f**k THE EAGLES

This