There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Surprising stat: As of week 3, the Niners have the best turnover ratio in the entire NFL

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Here's a surprising stat...

According to STATS, Inc., Smith ranks third in the NFL against the blitz this season with a 143.1 passer rating.

championship?

Invalid stat since he has not thrown for 300 yards yet

All it means against the blitz is that he completed a pass, wasn't intercepted or not sacked. Deceiving stat. during that stat-did he get a first down? Touchdown? We all know -rarely.

This is still a shocking stat, no one would've ever guessed Alex would have a passer rating that high against blitzes! Everyone kept saying "Oh defenses will just stack the box and force Alex to beat them and Alex will lose everytime..." well not anymore!
what about when he is hesitant to throw it to his first read or hot read....and takes a sack?

I don't think that affects this "rating".
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what about when he is hesitant to throw it to his first read or hot read....and takes a sack?

I don't think that affects this "rating".

You sure it don't affect his rating? ...well then if it does, I'll chalk that up under Alexcuse #137 "The offense must learn how to pick up the blitz". Yes that's gotta be it.

I see elite teams do it all the time.
Knock on wood. Thumbs up to coaching...
Basically the reason our team is winning because of ball hawking D, ultra safe turnover free offense, and bad ass special teams.

The four headed Monster of Akers, Lee, Ginn, and Jennings could all make the pro bowl at ST.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

The four headed Monster of Akers, Lee, Ginn, and Jennings could all make the pro bowl at ST.

Here's a surprising stat...

According to STATS, Inc., Smith ranks third in the NFL against the blitz this season with a 143.1 passer rating.

championship?

Super Bowl.....
I don't think turnovers will be an issue tomorrow. The 49ers might even finish +1 or 2, and maintain the lead for this stat next week.

The problem will be fundamentals on defense, in the secondary. You don't think Vick is thinking about recreating that first quarter from the Washington game last year? Carlos Rogers got to watch that happen first hand.

this could be true
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

this could be true

would be nice
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

this could be true

would be nice

Would not be so sure about Akers. Jason Hansen has been reborn and is having a hell of year in mighty new Detroit.
I think we were +2 in today's game.
A big THANK YOU to Ronnie Brown and his fumble.....
Originally posted by Niner916:
A big THANK YOU to Ronnie Brown and his fumble.....

What an arrogant a*****e for thinking he could try and pull that off against our defense. Attempting a play like that, meant he must have felt that his team was in control and they weren't going to lose the game. He was even smiling with other teammates immediately after he did it like it was no big deal (because they were still going to win anyway). SO GLAD he got it shoved down his throat.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
What an arrogant a*****e for thinking he could try and pull that off against our defense. Attempting a play like that, meant he must have felt that his team was in control and they weren't going to lose the game. He was even smiling with other teammates immediately after he did it like it was no big deal (because they were still going to win anyway). SO GLAD he got it shoved down his throat.

yup...haha..completly agree
Are we up to +8 now after today's game?

1 fumble by Alex

1 fumble by Brown and Maclin
1 pick for Vick