LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

My breakdown of the season so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Rush Offense
Alot of people are saying its Gore, and that he's done....Frank is still one of the best RB's in the league, the O-Line has not been giving him any holes whats so ever, and also the teams we've played so far, are good Rush Defense teams.....(Official stats after the Monday night game)

Dallas - 2nd
Cincinnati - 8th
Seattle - 13th

Next three games

Philadelphia - 30th
Tampa Bay - 23rd
Detroit - 21st

I expect Gore 2 breakout and get his season going in Philly, and hopefully it will get the offense going, so we dont have 2 have these close games every week

Pass Offense
Week one, we played a Seattle Pass Rush that is very sub-par, and only hit Alex once the whole game, but since then the O-Line has been giving Alex absolutely no time in the pocket, i think they'll get it together, but making a change is what might have 2 be done, putting Snyder at RG might have 2 happen, because we cant keep having these holding, and pre-snap penalties on Rachal constantly.

Niner fans can say whatever they want about Alex, but he is playing smart so far this year. If the O-Line can just start clicking and start picking up those blitzers, Alex can feed his playmakers the ball. I like what happened against Cincy though. We got our star TE involved, and if we continue that, that will not only open up the run game, it will also open it up for WR's like Crabtree, Morgan, Edwards when he returns, and TE Delanie

Alex Smith's Stats
QB Rating - 13th
Comp Pct - 4th

He's not throwing the ball a whole lot, but i think that'll change as the season goes, and the players get more adjusted 2 the offense, and like i said earlier, when the running game starts goin, so will the passing game, especially once we get Braylon back, which should be against Detroit or after the bye week against Cleveland.

Rush Defense
I love our D-Line, with Justin Smith and Ray-Mac anchoring the Line, and also Sopoaga taking up space 2 allow Willis and Bowman 2 come in and make a play on the RB, we do have a tough task against Philly though Ranked 2nd in the League in Rushing Offense

Niners Rush D stats
Rush yds - 3rd
Longest run - 2nd......13 yds
Yds per Attempt - T-1st
Yds per Game - 3rd

Pass Defense
I think like the passing offense, they will get better as the season goes on. They are obviously playing alot better than last year, and getting there hands in there 2 bat the ball down, with Shawntae and Dashon coming back, i think we can only get better at this point

Niners Pass D stats
Pass Yds - 16th
Yds per Attempt - 10th
QB Rating - 5th.....75.2
Comp % - T-6th

Turnover Difference
T-1st...6

Nicely done
great post
I haven't seen much of Philadelphia but I had no idea their run defense was so bad. The 49ers seem to cure a lot of other team's problems, especially in home games though. I guess it's a fair chance either way.
thank you, been on this site for about 8 years, just never post until now
The Eagles have a small D-Line that is really good at rushing the passer, but have struggled all year against the run, so i expect the Niners 2 run the ball 25-30 times this game, and keep the passing 2 a minimum with bout 15-20 passes
Turnover difference is my favorite stat.
I like. Way to represent the 707.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Turnover difference is my favorite stat.

yea that's one the big differences than last year....people gotta remember we played Romo good, and should've had atleast 1 pick.....especially the one that hit Haralson on the head, but he didnt turn 2 look....The Defense is definitely playing with a chip on its shoulder this year

Originally posted by captain_planet:
I like. Way to represent the 707.

thanks, born in Napa
I just saw on NFL.com that after Week 3 the 49ers are dead last in Total Offense / ypg. That's gonna catch up in a bad way real soon if not fixed.
i hope the d can keep this up as our offense still trying to catch up.

i hope gore or hunter will tear up the eagles d. don't care who start the game but hope its 50/50 or 60/40 splits between them.

great post 707.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I just saw on NFL.com that after Week 3 the 49ers are dead last in Total Offense / ypg. That's gonna catch up in a bad way real soon if not fixed.

Bad

28th - Pass Offense
30th - Rush Offense
32nd - Total Offense

Good

14th - Points a game
4th - Pass Completion %
13th - QB Rating

Were still learning a whole new system, we might not be putting up the yards, but were being efficient, and putting up points
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Bad

28th - Pass Offense
30th - Rush Offense
32nd - Total Offense

Good

14th - Points a game
4th - Pass Completion %
13th - QB Rating

Were still learning a whole new system, we might not be putting up the yards, but were being efficient, and putting up points

We are winning because we aren't turning the ball over. If you think about it, it's a great place to start when installing an offense.
Share 49ersWebzone