2) Kendall Hunter needs more carries. When he came in there was just alot more energy. I'm not saying to bench Frank, I just think Hunter needs to get more touches. It almost reminds me of when Kevan Barlow was the starter and Gore was starting to take some of his carries. Frank is 100x the player Barlow ever was...but thats how it looks right now.
3) Aldon Smith is still a freak, but he's having trouble getting to the QB. He's not bursting off the line and is getting neutralized rather easily. I still think he's going to be a very good player tho. I think he's still learning the position.
4) Ray McDonald is still a monster. I'd say he's garnering Pro Bowl consideration if it wasn't so hard for a 3-4 end to make it. Justin Smith also overshadows him...but 3 weeks into the season, he's deserving.
5) Navorro Bowman. Woah. He's actually playing better than Willis right now. That spin on the pass-rush was something special.
6) David Akers. Wow. That guy is saving our a$$es. He hasn't missed yet and they haven't all been chip-shots.
7) Crabtree. If the line could actually give Alex a little time, he could be a factor. That catch-that-should-have-been in the endzone was very nice. The drop...not so much, but that isn't the norm with him.
8) Alex. Again...workmanlike performance under pressure. Hit like crazy, but not turning the ball over.
9) Bruce Miller. Clearly still getting used to having the ball in his hands, but appears to have the potential to be a much more dynamic FB than Norris has ever been.
10) Chilo Rachal. Uggg. I have defended him on this site in the past, but he had a ROUGH game. Yikes.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM ]