LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Navorro Bowman leading the league in tackles after Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
How many tackles does he have?

A PLETHORA
Well I was wrong about him...I was so mad when we lost TKO...I didn't think he was ready to start...glad I was wrong....keep it up Bowman...
Originally posted by elguapo:

A PLETHORA

30ish
Originally posted by elguapo:

A PLETHORA

more than the rest of the league
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Well I was wrong about him...I was so mad when we lost TKO...I didn't think he was ready to start...glad I was wrong....keep it up Bowman...

Bowman is clearly an upgrade over Spikes. He is faster and quicker. Where I thought the defense might lose something was in the experience Spikes brought but I haven't seen anything noticeable. Spikes was a heavy hitter but we have seen Bowman pop just as hard as Spikes.

Not having to pay Spikes is really not a big deal but it does free up some money for others that will need to get paid.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
And people thought that our run defense was gonna fall this year because the overrated Aubrayo Franklin left.
Sopoaga (at NT) and McDonald (at DE) >>> Franklin (at NT) and Sopoaga (at DE).

Id also say that so far Bowman has played much better than Spikes.

I will admit it, I was a bit worried about our run defense. Not about Franklin, I always thought he was very overrated. I did think that McDonald could be a liabilty as a full-time starter though, and he has certainly proved me wrong so far!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
30 total tackles thats with 6 assisted tackles combined
He is actually 2nd. Sean Weatherspoon has one more with 31
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
as I recall, the cowboys had him on their board as first round talent, and we got him in the third round I believe..

Originally posted by susweel:
I like Bowman he's a good young player who should only get better.

You like someone on this team?
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Willis is eating up all the blocks while Bowman runs free. for those who say P Willy isn't looking like himself, GET f**kED
Originally posted by jimrat201:
30 total tackles thats with 6 assisted tackles combined

Willis has 22, but he is being sent out to cover a lot.
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by susweel:
I like Bowman he's a good young player who should only get better.

You like someone on this team?

He likes good players.
lol what is crazy is that bowman seems to have sharper instincts than Willis! lol What we see here my friends after we develop the top LB core in the NFL will be the top LB core ever, I promise you this.... Aldon Smith is on the bench! We actually don't need a top 10 pick to play a lot to win ala Alex smith, Lawson, Willis, etc. The times are changing, lets stay humble true niner fans but be aware
Share 49ersWebzone