There are 204 users in the forums

49ers Attempted to Trade Up to Draft Andy Dalton (per NFL.com)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
shouldn't have even taken kaepernick if that was the case

I totally agree. If your guy was Dalton and you did all you could and came up empty handed, simply cut your losses and move on. Why trade up and give up picks for a guy that is a consolation price?
The team needed and still needs a Qb, but if your choice is gone, and you are planning on bringing back the guy already on the team, draft other needs.
Originally posted by valrod33:
League sources told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora that the 49ers were ?persistent? in trying to land Kaepernick, exploring trade options at the end of the first round before initiating talks with the Patriots and Bills at the top of the second. NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported that the Raiders (with picks 48 and 81) also were in talks with the Patriots, setting up a Bay Area battle for the QB.

Good. Now we can this sh!t up
Originally posted by backontop:
Harbaugh doesn't have any faith in Kaepernick either. Why else do you think Smith played with a concussion

They didn't know. Or so they say. I will believe for now.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Scott Tolzien will be better than both Kaep and Dalton. Right now, if they give this kid more practice time, he could take over from Smith after the bye week. JMHO.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I have no faith in Kaepernick...I just feel like he's a poor mans Vince Young.
Decent arm...quirky release...bad accuracy...mobile.

Harbaugh doesn't have any faith in Kaepernick either. Why else do you think Smith played with a concussion

I was assuming it was because Harbaugh recognised that the guy needs development time. Which is rather different from having no faith in him.

So keep playing a QB with a concussion and risk further injury or him being knocked out of the season. Doesn't make sense at all. IMO, it says more about the trust in Smith than Kaepernick.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Scott Tolzien will be better than both Kaep and Dalton. Right now, if they give this kid more practice time, he could take over from Smith after the bye week. JMHO.

Tolzien >> God
The amount of stupid in this thread is dizzying.

With the love fest that was going on between Smith and Harbaugh, Smith still would've started. Dalton would've been a good one for the WCO though, too bad.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Originally posted by English:

I was assuming it was because Harbaugh recognised that the guy needs development time. Which is rather different from having no faith in him.

So keep playing a QB with a concussion and risk further injury or him being knocked out of the season. Doesn't make sense at all. IMO, it says more about the trust in Smith than Kaepernick.

Smith wasn't diagnosed with a concussion until after the game.
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Post a link or don't post at all.

Download the NFL 2011 Ipad Ap and go to 49ers News.

don't believe me check the posting on the 49ers message board: http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?p=4045193
here's another link to sink it in to you: http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/155862-49ers-tried-trade-back-into-1st-round.html

According to Jason La Canfora.

/thread

I think it's obvious that Dalton can play. The Bengals drafted the best WR in the first round. AJ Green can make a good QB look great. So, good for the Bengals - they seem to have landed their QB and WR for the next 10 years. I don't see how our apparent interest in Dalton is at all relevant anymore - we didn't get Dalton, we drafted Kaep. Let's root for the guys we have, not lament missed opportunities - Dallas tried to draft Jerry Rice but we beat them to it. Dallas moved on and won 3 SBs in the next 10 years and put another WR - Irvin - in the HOF. .

None of Vince Youngs problems have to do with his physical ability, so I'll take the comparison. Basically you're saying Kaep has Vince Young's body and we all know Kaep has a much better head on his shoulders so what's the problem? Sounds like a rich man's Vince Young to me.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
None of Vince Youngs problems have to do with his physical ability, so I'll take the comparison. Basically you're saying Kaep has Vince Young's body and we all know Kaep has a much better head on his shoulders so what's the problem? Sounds like a rich man's Vince Young to me.

This, and I don't like Kaep.. but I am wiling to see how he looks NEXT year, since he is not ready this year.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The word was that Dalton was NFL ready but Kaepernick had a higher ceiling. Give me the guy that's NFL ready in a heartbeat.

That is EXACTLY what the assessment of Leaf vs Manning was in 1998. Leaf = higher ceiling, Manning = more NFL ready. I'll take the NFL ready guy too. I'm starting to wish we did trade up for Dalton, and am also thinking CK was a desparation move once Dalton was taken just before us.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The word was that Dalton was NFL ready but Kaepernick had a higher ceiling. Give me the guy that's NFL ready in a heartbeat.

That is EXACTLY what the assessment of Leaf vs Manning was in 1998. Leaf = higher ceiling, Manning = more NFL ready. I'll take the NFL ready guy too. I'm starting to wish we did trade up for Dalton, and am also thinking CK was a desparation move once Dalton was taken just before us.

It wouldn't shock me just remember that Baalke was the same man who traded up for Anthony Davis.
Share 49ersWebzone