LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers Attempted to Trade Up to Draft Andy Dalton (per NFL.com)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The word was that Dalton was NFL ready but Kaepernick had a higher ceiling. Give me the guy that's NFL ready in a heartbeat.

didn't they say the same thing about Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
it doesn't matter who we drafted at QB because they would FAIL behind our overrated, crappy O-line protection!
whoever went to the Bengals was probably going to suck, and whoever went to be coached and mentored by Jim Harbaugh was probably going to do well. so...Kaepernick wins.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, if Palmer doesn't retire, Dalton's a Niner.
Im happy with Kapps, he has more of a ceiling.
i knew it. of course the niners wont admit that, but there is no way they were trying to move up into the first to grab Kaepernick.
I suspect they liked them both enough to trade up for. I am still not seeing definitive evidence that SF did want to trade up for the lil Horned Frog.
They totally missed on Rodgers. They picked Smith over him hands down. With this one they couldn't make the move to get Dalton. It takes 2 teams to make a deal and maybe whoever the other team was didn't like the compensation. I think a vast majority preferred Dalton b/c he's more game ready while CK is more of a project. Oh well now. gotta coach up CK and get him ready.
Stupid ginger.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I have no faith in Kaepernick...I just feel like he's a poor mans Vince Young.
Decent arm...quirky release...bad accuracy...mobile.

Harbaugh doesn't have any faith in Kaepernick either. Why else do you think Smith played with a concussion

???
How can you even make this statement, no one knew Smith had a concussion till after the game, and CK struggled in preseason after less than a month of practicing/transitioning in an NFL system. CK will be fine. Have you seen the small improvements that is making Smith the most consistent he has been in his career, after 6 years of being told different things.

Whether is CK, Tolzien or another young QB, Harbaugh is gonna bring out all the potential these guys have and give them the tools they need to be consistent and play to their strengths. We are already seeing this with Smith, just wait till he gets to mold players who haven't been pressed into 6 different schemes in 6 years.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Time will tell who is the better player but Dalton is better right more. Hell Dalton is probably better then Smith right now.
I really hope this thread goes away. Whats done is done and what didnt happen happened. I dont want to come to the zone and see this subject headlining our news. Let the Sh!t go please. We want Kaepernick to succeed and we stand behind him.
League sources told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora that the 49ers were “persistent” in trying to land Kaepernick, exploring trade options at the end of the first round before initiating talks with the Patriots and Bills at the top of the second. NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported that the Raiders (with picks 48 and 81) also were in talks with the Patriots, setting up a Bay Area battle for the QB.
Scott Tolzien will be better than both Kaep and Dalton. Right now, if they give this kid more practice time, he could take over from Smith after the bye week. JMHO.
Share 49ersWebzone