There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Attempted to Trade Up to Draft Andy Dalton (per NFL.com)

According to NFL.com, prior to making a trade to move up and get quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the second round, the 49ers were working hard on a move to the end of the first round for Andy Dalton, but could not pull it off. They knew the Bengals would take Dalton at the top of the second round.

Is this the second coming of the Aaron Rodgers' curse?!
Originally posted by 49ersVic:

No
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

No
300+ yards in week 2, not bad...just saying
Post a link or don't post at all.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Download the NFL 2011 Ipad Ap and go to 49ers News.

don't believe me check the posting on the 49ers message board: http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?p=4045193
Originally posted by redrathman:

Download the NFL 2011 Ipad Ap and go to 49ers News.

don't believe me check the posting on the 49ers message board: http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?p=4045193
here's another link to sink it in to you: http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/155862-49ers-tried-trade-back-into-1st-round.html
I remember hearing this around draft time...Dalton, in many respects, was the safest QB prospect in the draft. While I liked what I saw in him, Colin was my fave from the get go. I still think CK turns into the guy next season.
If we got Dalton, he would be playing right now. We'd have a better O for the short term but he doesn't have the arm strength to beat anyone deep. They'd end up stacking the box and covering short/intermediate routes and we would eventually be back in a similar situation. CK is going to take longer to develop, but he can run for yards, he is mobile, and he can throw it over your head.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Sep 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM ]
shouldn't have even taken kaepernick if that was the case
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
shouldn't have even taken kaepernick if that was the case

Don't understand. Are you saying because we couldn't get a deal together to trade up for Dalton, we should have thrown our toys out of the pram and refused to take a quarterback at all? Cos that's what it sounds like.
I have no faith in Kaepernick...I just feel like he's a poor mans Vince Young.
Decent arm...quirky release...bad accuracy...mobile.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Harbaugh doesn't have any faith in Kaepernick either. Why else do you think Smith played with a concussion
Originally posted by backontop:

Harbaugh doesn't have any faith in Kaepernick either. Why else do you think Smith played with a concussion

I was assuming it was because Harbaugh recognised that the guy needs development time. Which is rather different from having no faith in him.
Originally posted by backontop:

Because no one knew he had one until after the game.
The word was that Dalton was NFL ready but Kaepernick had a higher ceiling. Give me the guy that's NFL ready in a heartbeat.