LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

If we're 3-3 at the bye-week, I'll be stoked!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1-5. The second half of the year will be much better, but I see dark clouds the next four games.

You really don't think we beat the Bengals? The Bengals? Really?

Bengals are not that bad...you say their name as if they were the Bengals from the 90's.

well its not that the Bengals are that good, more so its that the 9ers are not that good (with the current approach of playing not to lose). Bengals can put up points...and their rookie QB is playing better than Alex.

and their defense have former 9ers who I'm sure are eager to show up their former team.

Manny is probably going to be guarding Vernon...and if Vernon is covered, Alex an't going to take the chance to throw it. If used properly, Nate could be a pain against us.

so no, it is not guaranteed....if we come out blazing like against the Cowboys and let Alex pass...then maybe, but if we play it close on the road...we will lose the game.

Bengals are like us, they also have a deep front 7 but their secondary sucks.

Their offense is more potent mainly due to play calling.

Which Bengals are we talking about? Cause the Bengals suck. The rookie QB is performing well along with their rookie WR... but again it was against the Browns and Broncos ie: the 21st and 32nd rated defenses in the league last year. On the other side their defense is the weakest defense we played all year including preseason. The only hurdle to overcome in this game is a 10am start on the road, but I aint even worried cause this will be the game that Gore starts to get going and Hunter gets some touches along with a TD pass to VD finally.

Book it!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by oldman9er:
3-3 is my optimistic expectation as well... hate to say that. We need to win against Cincy and TB... I think we lose on the road to Philly and Detroit.

Yup Detroit is no joke, they're on a roll right now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Home opener for the Bengals, and a roady to a place on EST is a bad combination. The Niners simply have a bad history of playing across the country, and I don't see anything different this year.

hate to say it but i see it the same way. mark this down as a 0-2 road trip
nope nope nope...don't do that just yet....or at least don't use the whole EST early game excuse just yet.

we just get out coached and outplayed....that will be the reason if we lose.

the reason we have a bad history is because we have had the same QB and the same offensive approach.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
3-3 is my optimistic expectation as well... hate to say that. We need to win against Cincy and TB... I think we lose on the road to Philly and Detroit.

Agreed. I can honestly see Detroit in the playoffs if they keep this level of playing up. I've always liked Stafford, it's a real shame he got the injuries he did. He's going to lead that team to something great.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Agreed. I can honestly see Detroit in the playoffs if they keep this level of playing up. I've always liked Stafford, it's a real shame he got the injuries he did. He's going to lead that team to something great.

Seems like all Stafford has to do is keep throwing to CJ and success. Their D is not to be taken lightly either.
Suh is gonna put an end all these Alex Smith debates.

Seems like all Stafford has to do is keep throwing to CJ and success. Their D is not to be taken lightly either.

Nope. Easily in the top 3 of defenses we face this year. That game is going to be very interesting. I think we'll see exactly who this team is during this game. For better or worse.
Based on my schedule prediction -- I think we should be at least 2-4 by the bye.
I think the 49ers finish 15-1 then end up in the Super Bowl beating the Patriots 49-0. Then we all look back @ week 2 two and at Ricky Francois big paw and dream of what could have been.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
I think the 49ers finish 15-1 then end up in the Super Bowl beating the Patriots 49-0. Then we all look back @ week 2 two and at Ricky Francois big paw and dream of what could have been.

This

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
1-5. The second half of the year will be much better, but I see dark clouds the next four games.

Bengals are not that bad...you say their name as if they were the Bengals from the 90's.

well its not that the Bengals are that good, more so its that the 9ers are not that good (with the current approach of playing not to lose). Bengals can put up points...and their rookie QB is playing better than Alex.

and their defense have former 9ers who I'm sure are eager to show up their former team.

Manny is probably going to be guarding Vernon...and if Vernon is covered, Alex an't going to take the chance to throw it. If used properly, Nate could be a pain against us.

so no, it is not guaranteed....if we come out blazing like against the Cowboys and let Alex pass...then maybe, but if we play it close on the road...we will lose the game.

Bengals are like us, they also have a deep front 7 but their secondary sucks.

Their offense is more potent mainly due to play calling.

Which Bengals are we talking about? Cause the Bengals suck. The rookie QB is performing well along with their rookie WR... but again it was against the Browns and Broncos ie: the 21st and 32nd rated defenses in the league last year. On the other side their defense is the weakest defense we played all year including preseason. The only hurdle to overcome in this game is a 10am start on the road, but I aint even worried cause this will be the game that Gore starts to get going and Hunter gets some touches along with a TD pass to VD finally.

Book it!

A rookie QB and rookie WR on the road still played that well. They should play even better at home.

We lost to CAR last year on the road. We suck on the road.
I really hope folks aren't thinking this team is gonna roll over the bengals. i would be happy with 3-3 at the bye week.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I really hope folks aren't thinking this team is gonna roll over the bengals. i would be happy with 3-3 at the bye week.

Like a motherf**king steam roller!
A rookie QB and rookie WR on the road still played that well. They should play even better at home.

We lost to CAR last year on the road. We suck on the road.

Cleveland isnt exactly a "road" game for Cincy, its similar to how the Cowboys fans invaded the stick. And they still lost to a horrible denver team whose home crowd boos everytime Orton throws a pass.

Carolina was last year and with Carr & Sing at the helm. This year I have more faith that players will be more prepared and not get stupid "family time" breaks like they did with Sing.

Nope. Easily in the top 3 of defenses we face this year. That game is going to be very interesting. I think we'll see exactly who this team is during this game. For better or worse.
from what ive seen of the lions they are beatable. do i believe we will win? honestly no and im usually very optimistic but the lions are rolling and well with this conservative play calling idk. but they are beatable if we can get lord megatron to be limited in the passing game they dont have much behind him and we need to be careful of titus young IMO he could be a huge deep threat which we are obviously weak at in our secondary. my prediction is an optimistic 3-3 but more likely 2-4
Share 49ersWebzone