LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

If we're 3-3 at the bye-week, I'll be stoked!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We've got a legit chance at finishing with a winning record for the first time in forever! I have to believe that this team is only going to get better. Sure week 1 looked pretty vanilla. Despite the loss in week 2, you have to admit that the O was a little more exciting(with our 3 top receivers out, Braylon, Crabtree and Vernon kept in to help block). You guys have to remember that this team has had essentially about a month and a half with the coaches and were getting ready to start week 3 of the season. This team will progress as the season goes on, the offense will get more exciting and HOPEFULLY Spencer comes back. Those 3 things(time, cohesion and Spencer) WILL happen! We are better then last years team.

GO 9ERS!
3-3 is my optimistic expectation as well... hate to say that. We need to win against Cincy and TB... I think we lose on the road to Philly and Detroit.
playcalling needs to change and put spencer back at corner
1-5. The second half of the year will be much better, but I see dark clouds the next four games.
if we are 3-3 at the bye week we will be 10-6 at the end of the year
Stop being so rational and optimistic... don't you know this is Niner Talk?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1-5. The second half of the year will be much better, but I see dark clouds the next four games.

me 2. I think we end up 2-7 going into the Cards game.
c'mon lets get a win on tha road !!!!!! it's been too long since we had one...Carr F'd it up last year.

You really don't think we beat the Bengals? The Bengals? Really?
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

me 2. I think we end up 2-7 going into the Cards game.

When we hit the bye we could possibly see St. Louis at 1-4, Seattle at 0-5 and Arizona at 2-3. For us to be 3-3 at the bye we must win Sunday. If we comeback from the rust belt 2-2 I think the Tampa Bay game is a winnable and 3-3 is plausible.

We need all hands on deck, including Edwards, Crabtree, Goldson and Spencer.
Originally posted by daragon:

Bengals are not that bad...you say their name as if they were the Bengals from the 90's.

well its not that the Bengals are that good, more so its that the 9ers are not that good (with the current approach of playing not to lose). Bengals can put up points...and their rookie QB is playing better than Alex.

and their defense have former 9ers who I'm sure are eager to show up their former team.

Manny is probably going to be guarding Vernon...and if Vernon is covered, Alex an't going to take the chance to throw it. If used properly, Nate could be a pain against us.

so no, it is not guaranteed....if we come out blazing like against the Cowboys and let Alex pass...then maybe, but if we play it close on the road...we will lose the game.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Bengals are not that bad...you say their name as if they were the Bengals from the 90's.

well its not that the Bengals are that good, more so its that the 9ers are not that good (with the current approach of playing not to lose). Bengals can put up points...and their rookie QB is playing better than Alex.

and their defense have former 9ers who I'm sure are eager to show up their former team.

Manny is probably going to be guarding Vernon...and if Vernon is covered, Alex an't going to take the chance to throw it. If used properly, Nate could be a pain against us.

so no, it is not guaranteed....if we come out blazing like against the Cowboys and let Alex pass...then maybe, but if we play it close on the road...we will lose the game.

Bengals are like us, they also have a deep front 7 but their secondary sucks.

Their offense is more potent mainly due to play calling.

Home opener for the Bengals, and a roady to a place on EST is a bad combination. The Niners simply have a bad history of playing across the country, and I don't see anything different this year.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 21, 2011 at 9:16 AM ]

Home opener for the Bengals, and a roady to a place on EST is a bad combination. The Niners simply have a bad history of playing across the country, and I don't see anything different this year.

hate to say it but i see it the same way. mark this down as a 0-2 road trip
Share 49ersWebzone