There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What we were discussing at the last tailgate. You be the judge!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Willis won't ever have as much control in winning a game as a star QB would. I would trade Willis straight up for Rodgers, Rivers, Breese, Brady, Manning, or any other top 10 QB.

Would you trade Ray Lewis in his prime for a rookie QB?

Alright, Patrick Willis is by far my favorite Niner. Not even close.

BUT! Do not say he is as good as Ray Lewis was in his prime. I hope Willis can be on that level someday.

There is no doubt the present Willis is no R. Lewis in his prime. And that's actually part of my argument. If you wouldn't trade Ray Lewis for a rookie QB, then why would you trade Willis? Willis is definitely on his way to being as dominate as Lewis. How pissed would you be if he turns out to be Lewis 2.0 while Luck turns out to be average?

Don't say these things. Do not try and educate this group . They like the rest of the NFL forum world just love Andrew Luck. I'm going to laugh when he just turns out to be another average draft pick..just like Sam Bradford is turning out to be.

And if he turns out to be great....what run and hide, new user name I suppose.
Yes, I'd give up Willis for Luck.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Willis won't ever have as much control in winning a game as a star QB would. I would trade Willis straight up for Rodgers, Rivers, Breese, Brady, Manning, or any other top 10 QB.

BUT! Do not say he is as good as Ray Lewis was in his prime. I hope Willis can be on that level someday.

There is no doubt the present Willis is no R. Lewis in his prime. And that's actually part of my argument. If you wouldn't trade Ray Lewis for a rookie QB, then why would you trade Willis? Willis is definitely on his way to being as dominate as Lewis. How pissed would you be if he turns out to be Lewis 2.0 while Luck turns out to be average?

Don't say these things. Do not try and educate this group . They like the rest of the NFL forum world just love Andrew Luck. I'm going to laugh when he just turns out to be another average draft pick..just like Sam Bradford is turning out to be.

Lol...probably so. I just can't justify trading a potential HOF to find out. I'd trade picks all day and night though. How does the user name Eatnluckscrow sound?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Running and hiding? LOL

Do not try to educate? Dude it was his opinion, there is no fact in it.
I dont get your argument of if you wouldnt trade Lewis, why would you trade Willis. Lewis was way better, thats why.
If I knew for a fact that Luck would turn out to be what so many think he will be, then yes I would trade Willis for him in a flash. Id be pissed if we traded a potential Lewis 2.0 if Luck didn't turn out great. But how would you feel if we didn't make the trade and Luck went on to win a couple superbowls and 10 probowls?
I love Willis and want to stay here as long as his career lasts, dont get me wrong.
Do not try to educate? Dude it was his opinion, there is no fact in it.
I dont get your argument of if you wouldnt trade Lewis, why would you trade Willis. Lewis was way better, thats why.
If I knew for a fact that Luck would turn out to be what so many think he will be, then yes I would trade Willis for him in a flash. Id be pissed if we traded a potential Lewis 2.0 if Luck didn't turn out great. But how would you feel if we didn't make the trade and Luck went on to win a couple superbowls and 10 probowls?
I love Willis and want to stay here as long as his career lasts, dont get me wrong.
" If you wouldn't trade Ray Lewis for a rookie QB, then why would you trade Willis? "
" If you wouldn't trade Ray Lewis for a rookie QB, then why would you trade Willis? "

Nevermind, you didnt say that part. 52thegreat did.

Lewis is a top 5 LB all time. Willis isnt even top 10, yet at least.