There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What we were discussing at the last tailgate. You be the judge!

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
So far it seems like Seattle will have the #1 pick, can you really picture Willis in a Seahawks uniform?

Worst case scenerio....

P.S. I think an argument could be made that even a very good QB (not elite) would have more impact on the team than Willis. At the moment, I dont see the production between Willis and Bowman being that great.

We have the Number 1 run defense in the league right now... our front 7 is fine.
yes but only if our o-line was greatly improved. the o-line and d backfield are why we currently struggle to win
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So far it seems like Seattle will have the #1 pick, can you really picture Willis in a Seahawks uniform?

Worst case scenerio....

P.S. I think an argument could be made that even a very good QB (not elite) would have more impact on the team than Willis. At the moment, I dont see the production between Willis and Bowman being that great.

We have the Number 1 run defense in the league right now... our front 7 is fine.

I apologize, I didn't structure my sentence properly (whats new?). What I meant to write was Bowman has been equally productive as Willis this year. I'm not saying bowman is as good as Willis, just that the diffrence in impact to the team is marginal.

Also, Ray Mac and Justin Smith have played lights out.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:04 PM ]

You think Seattle looks worse than Kansas City or Indy? I dont think so.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Willis won't ever have as much control in winning a game as a star QB would. I would trade Willis straight up for Rodgers, Rivers, Breese, Brady, Manning, or any other top 10 QB.

Would you trade Ray Lewis in his prime for a rookie QB?
ROFL., yea lets trade a future HOF LB for a QB who has done nothing in the NFL.... Only a few QB`s in the NFL would be worth a Willis trade.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Luck is going to Indy this reminds me of when David Robinson was hurt and the Spurs got Duncan
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
As much as I'd love for us to draft Luck, and trust me I'd love to draft him. I'd give up two 1st round picks and a 2nd and 3rd to get him. BUT no way would I give up the leader of our defense.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I would give up Dashon Goldson.

...seriously
Andrew Luck is an unproven commodity. I hope he falls flat on his face. People love to trash on Cam Newton and this kid is doing very well on a very bad team. I laugh at those who actually think Andrew will come out of college and light the NFL on fire. How many times has then already been predicted in the past? If the 49ers finish last ( and they will not) and get the first pick in the draft I would hope they would address the their problems on the OL and WR group. If you give any QB time they will find a WR .
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Willis won't ever have as much control in winning a game as a star QB would. I would trade Willis straight up for Rodgers, Rivers, Breese, Brady, Manning, or any other top 10 QB.

Alright, Patrick Willis is by far my favorite Niner. Not even close.

BUT! Do not say he is as good as Ray Lewis was in his prime. I hope Willis can be on that level someday.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

BUT! Do not say he is as good as Ray Lewis was in his prime. I hope Willis can be on that level someday.

There is no doubt the present Willis is no R. Lewis in his prime. And that's actually part of my argument. If you wouldn't trade Ray Lewis for a rookie QB, then why would you trade Willis? Willis is definitely on his way to being as dominate as Lewis. How pissed would you be if he turns out to be Lewis 2.0 while Luck turns out to be average?
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Luck is going to Indy this reminds me of when David Robinson was hurt and the Spurs got Duncan

Not even close to the same thing.

There is no doubt the present Willis is no R. Lewis in his prime. And that's actually part of my argument. If you wouldn't trade Ray Lewis for a rookie QB, then why would you trade Willis? Willis is definitely on his way to being as dominate as Lewis. How pissed would you be if he turns out to be Lewis 2.0 while Luck turns out to be average?

Don't say these things. Do not try and educate this group . They like the rest of the NFL forum world just love Andrew Luck. I'm going to laugh when he just turns out to be another average draft pick..just like Sam Bradford is turning out to be.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:

Don't say these things. Do not try and educate this group . They like the rest of the NFL forum world just love Andrew Luck. I'm going to laugh when he just turns out to be another average draft pick..just like Sam Bradford is turning out to be.