There are 42 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What we were discussing at the last tailgate. You be the judge!

Originally posted by btthepunk:
An elite quarterback will win even with a bad offensive line. They can also make the bad OL look very good.

Or get injured...
Absolutely. Not a question about it. We are elite at the five least important positions in football (MLB, TE, Punter, Kicker, Longsnapper). Being elite at just one position (quarterback) will trump all that. This is a qb driven league, we will be getting the best qb prospect to ever enter the NFL draft. I would throw in our first rounder too.
So basically, you wanna trade a proven player for a guy that might completely suck? Makes perfect sense to me.
Would whoever gets the number 1 pick make that trade?

There's your answer.

That being said I love what Willis brings, but a true stud qb can win more than just individual awards.
Absolutely.
If the staff continues to use him the way they are, yes! QB trumps all. If Harbaugh thinks Luck is the real deal, I would pull the trigger before the other team could change their mind. I love Willis, but there is only so much a MLB can do,
Willis won't ever have as much control in winning a game as a star QB would. I would trade Willis straight up for Rodgers, Rivers, Breese, Brady, Manning, or any other top 10 QB.
Willis won't ever have as much control in winning a game as a star QB would. I would trade Willis straight up for Rodgers, Rivers, Breese, Brady, Manning, or any other top 10 QB.
Without hesitation.
Originally posted by Joecool:

No doubt but would you trade him for a Rookie QB
Originally posted by verb1der:
Ray Lewis got 5 years before winning a Superbowl.

Patrick Willis on his 4th year is already the best linebacker in the NFL hands down by all players, coaches, analysts, bloggers, and fans. Once the pass defense gets fixed, this year or next, Patrick Willis will take this team to a championship, and everyone who put themselves out there by saying they would trade this once in a lifetime talent for a completely unproven college QB will feel BAD!

Draft Kellen Moore, keep Willis, compete for championships. It's a way better investment with VERY little risk.

Kellen Morore isn't even 6' tall. If he were 6' 2-4 I'd agree with you.
You don't trade a future HOF for a rookie QB
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:

No doubt but would you trade him for a Rookie QB

For luck, yes. MLB are easier to find then QBs.
So far it seems like Seattle will have the #1 pick, can you really picture Willis in a Seahawks uniform?
Originally posted by verb1der:
So far it seems like Seattle will have the #1 pick, can you really picture Willis in a Seahawks uniform?

Worst case scenerio....

P.S. I think an argument could be made that even a very good QB (not elite) would have more impact on the team than Willis. At the moment, I dont see the production between Willis and Bowman being that great.