There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What we were discussing at the last tailgate. You be the judge!

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I don't understand what Willis has done to deserve anything even remotely close to this type of suggestion. Overrated? By everyone that analyzes, plays, or somehow is involved with the NFL on a professional level? He is considered the best MLB in the entire game and people give him s**t... unbelievable.

The issue isn't whether Patrick Willis is an absolutley awesome HoF-bound Middle LB (he is).

The issue is whether you'd give him up for a shot at a franchise QB. There is nobody on this team that is as valuable as a franchise QB. Nobody.

There is no one who can garauntee Luck will be a franchise QB.

Not the point. Like I've said, the chance of getting a franchise QB is worth more than anyone on this roster.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
As much as I love Willis, it's easier to find great linebackers than it is to find even possibly great QBs. So yes, I would.

this
For Luck?? Hell no. He still an unproven commodity at the NFL level.

For brady? hell yes.
for brees? hell yes.
For rodgers? hell yes
for a healthy manning? hell yes.
for rivers? hell yes
for schaub? hell yes

For a proven top QB in this league i would in a heart beat.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I don't understand what Willis has done to deserve anything even remotely close to this type of suggestion. Overrated? By everyone that analyzes, plays, or somehow is involved with the NFL on a professional level? He is considered the best MLB in the entire game and people give him s**t... unbelievable.

The issue isn't whether Patrick Willis is an absolutley awesome HoF-bound Middle LB (he is).

The issue is whether you'd give him up for a shot at a franchise QB. There is nobody on this team that is as valuable as a franchise QB. Nobody.

There is no one who can garauntee Luck will be a franchise QB.

lol, where do you think Luck whould have been drafed had he come out for 2011 draft?? And where do you see him being drafted in next years draft? Luck right now anyday for PWILLY. and maybe another player or draft pick???
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Would you give up Patrick Willis for Andrew luck straight up?!

How many years has Patrick Willis been on the 49ers?

Of those years how many times has the 9ers made the play offs??

How many times have the niners gone above 500??

How many seasons did the niners win the time of possession category?

I would trade VD and Willis for a franchise qb, in a new york minute.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Would you give up Patrick Willis for Andrew luck straight up?!

How many years has Patrick Willis been on the 49ers?

Of those years how many times has the 9ers made the play offs??

How many times have the niners gone above 500??

How many seasons did the niners win the time of possession category?

I would trade VD and Willis for a franchise qb, in a new york minute.

Andrew Luck aint a franchise QB, yet. He may very well be but he also could be a bust. Id only trade VD or Willis for a guy who is already proven himself in the league.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Andrew Luck aint a franchise QB, yet. He may very well be but he also could be a bust. Id only trade VD or Willis for a guy who is already proven himself in the league.

You want your cake and eat it too? No GM would trade a proven franchise qb for an ILB or TE, so your point is moot.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Where the f**k did you discuss this? It wasn't at the Webzone tailgate that's for damn sure.

Probably during potty break.
Originally posted by 9erred:

You want your cake and eat it too? No GM would trade a proven franchise qb for an ILB or TE, so your point is moot.
No GM would do the this trade either.
QB position is far more important than LB. So all things being equal, I'd trade the best LB in the league for the best QB in the league anyday.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
lol, where do you think Luck whould have been drafed had he come out for 2011 draft?? And where do you see him being drafted in next years draft? Luck right now anyday for PWILLY. and maybe another player or draft pick???

I dont think draft position has anything to do with it. For every #1 success there is a bust. Statistically speaking, its a 50/50 shot. I just cant justify giving up a potential HOF player for a CHANCE of an elite QB.

NOw a proven QB is a different story. I LOVE Willis, but id trade him + any other player on our team, and even throw in the kitchen sink.
[ Edited by 52thegreat on Sep 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
QB position is far more important than LB. So all things being equal, I'd trade the best LB in the league for the best QB in the league anyday.

Andrew Luck isnt the best QB in the league though
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by 49erJim:

I dont think draft position has anything to do with it. For every #1 success there is a bust. Statistically speaking, its a 50/50 shot. I just cant justify giving up a potential HOF player for a CHANCE of an elite QB.
This

not yet........

not yet........

might not ever be