There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What can we do about the O-line?

You make sad me

Nothing we do
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I honestly don't see the difference from Warhop to Solari.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

it got worse, at least we could run it before.
Originally posted by pyroglass:
I don't think our O line is totally the problem. We go in to every game with the opposing Defense Game plan is to stack the box since we have no passing game. It's easy to make a 5 man front look bad by making them block 8 men.

We need a passing presence/threat in order for out O line to look as it should talentwise

This. Until we can open up the offense and spread the field with receivers and deep passes down the field. Until then teams will just run blitz us on the way to the QB every play.
Originally posted by tohara3:
This. Until we can open up the offense and spread the field with receivers and deep passes down the field. Until then teams will just run blitz us on the way to the QB every play.

Why not blitz? If Alex does throw it, it won't be too far from the LOS (most of the time)
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

it got worse, at least we could run it before.

So true!
Being a niner fan as for the last 8 years I've learned that we can come up with excuses for any and everything. But, at some point you just have to overcome the adversity and play! As valid as all these excuses may be, it's time to play some ball. Most of our team is comprised of veterans. Alex, Davis, Walker, Ginn, Staley, Gore, Moran, Morgan, Rachal, Norris, Goodwin, J.Smith, RayMac, Soap, Willis, Brooks, Haralson, Spencer, Goldson, Whitner, Rogers, R.Smith.....all professionals, all veterans. Most of the guys I've named have played together for years. Time to kick some butt, or blow the team up and get back to me in a few years.....

The problem is our mentality. We still play like we are lucky to be in the game. That needs to change. We need to start playing like we came to win and blow the other team out.

P.S. It all starts with the QB. Our team plays with the personality of Alex (too much of a realist). We need someone with a little bigger ego, if not crazy.
I think learning a completely new style of offense and the blocking assignments that go with it are impacting us, causing them to play a little tentative and mess up on who to pick up.
FIRE MIIKE SOLARI!!

6 SACKS AGAINST THE COWPIES AND YOU CAN'T PROTECT AGAINST THE BUNGLES?
This offseason here is the offensive line wish list:

1) Bench or trade Chilo Rachal
2) Draft at least one OT and one C/OG
3) Get a veteran QB who can actually make a decision to get rid of the ball sometimes so the offensive line doesn't look so bad all the time.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

3) Get a veteran QB who can actually make a decision to get rid of the ball sometimes so the offensive line doesn't look so bad all the time.

Rachal could draw a false start while sitting on the bench.
Did the refs throw a too many men on the field flag at the 49ers after the game ended and the team walked out on the field?
[ Edited by fauquierob on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:25 PM ]
Do you think the league could spot us 3 false starts and a couple of holding penalties next week to cover us for the ding-dong twins?
Is it possible the OLine is balking at the new scheme? They don't seem very emotional or into the game, even for Gore--who use to be a line favorite. Do they have bad attitudes?

Would love to see them picking Smith up after a sack, and Gore after a crushing run into the DTs. Guess Kilgore isn't ready to start but would like to see him more often.

Just watched Cutler with more than 3 seconds on 3rd and long...against Green Bay! No one was near him. I want that line!

Edit: Just checked out the Bear's line and they are even younger than the 9ers!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by fauquierob:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Rachal could draw a false start while sitting on the bench.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home