There are 169 users in the forums

How long are we supposed to be satisfied with a vanilla offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
Is Alex even capable of throwing a pass more than 20 yards?
Did you miss the 50 yard rocket to Gore in the end zone last week, which was called PI which led to a TD?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
14 more games of this and then I'll start complaining.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
Was that really a 50 yard pass? I saw the play I didn't think it was that long. One thing I hear them say on knbr slot is this is a passing league. You have to throw the ball down field get pi's and stretch the field. All the rules are set up so that if you pass downfield you can win.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dont wonna sound like a broken record here but as long as Alex is the QB this is type offense we will have.

Not a knock on Alex or anything but game manager QBs = Vanilla offense
No one is satisfied, but some understand that a more sophisticated offense is part of an evolving process that shouldn't be marred by panicky overreaction to one loss.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
I hate the raiders but that pass Campbell made to Moore was a thing of beauty.
Alex Smith + piss poor offensive line + mediocre skill position players + coach who prefers to run the ball = vanilla offense.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
So do we have to wait6 more years for Alex to have the perfect conditions? It sounds like cam newton is tearing s**t up and he is a rookie that also had a shortened offseason.

Originally posted by SFGem:
So do we have to wait6 more years for Alex to have the perfect conditions? It sounds like cam newton is tearing s**t up and he is a rookie that also had a shortened offseason.

Alex has a one year contract.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
No one is satisfied, but some understand that a more sophisticated offense is part of an evolving process that shouldn't be marred by panicky overreaction to one loss.

Cooler heads prevail in the end. I'm guessing/hoping Harbaugh is playing vanilla because he wants to see what he has & will customize the playbook to maximize the strength of our players.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did you miss the 50 yard rocket to Gore in the end zone last week, which was called PI which led to a TD?

1 play. So its not all bad
  • fly15
  • Veteran

no

Ask Harbaugh. He's the one setting up the gameplan. I'd love Harbaugh to just let Alex Smith loose and let him sling it around like he did in college. If he'd allow that against the Cowboys we'd have won! It was the not putting the nail in the coffin that cost us the game.
Share 49ersWebzone