LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 434 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh's halftime adjustments

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He didn't make the throw because he held it up when he saw Ware peal out. QB's in the league repeatedly make a quick catch and throw with barely taking a step on a drop. Alex doesn't have the ability to do this and he has never shown he has it. It's not an easy throw but let us face it, our QB is limited.

I think everyone pretty much agrees on this now.

Still seeing plenty of excuses for another year that was "last chance to show us" year.
He didn't make the throw because he held it up when he saw Ware peal out. QB's in the league repeatedly make a quick catch and throw with barely taking a step on a drop. Alex doesn't have the ability to do this and he has never shown he has it. It's not an easy throw but let us face it, our QB is limited.

Still seeing plenty of excuses for another year that was "last chance to show us" year.

Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:

Very nice.

1-1 and we suck on offense. We beat SEA [sarcastic] yay.

We're 2 games into the season and could easily be 2-0. I will hold off on judging what our team is capable of till mid-season.
Very nice.

sole posessions of first place in the nfc west, yay..... not sarcastic.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Very nice.

sole posessions of first place in the nfc west, yay..... not sarcastic.

Already seen this story before. If we keep playing like we have been, you can look at 0-3 in the next 3 games. You as well as I know we can't continuously winning by gaining under 150 yards passing a game.

Keep up the optimism.
our adjustments so far have been. we're up two scores... kill clock, protect lead.
Not just halftime adjustments. When the defense puts 8 in the box, throw a slant or some play action or Do Something About It.
Originally posted by rapid4:
Not just halftime adjustments. When the defense puts 8 in the box, throw a slant or some play action or Do Something About It.

No trust in Alex, that' why.
I haven't seen halftime adjustments made since 2002

Originally posted by rapid4:

Don't be ridiculous. This is the WCO and being able to run a slant rant or install a slant route is complicated.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
to be fair they werent much to make

we were up 14-7 didnt allow much sacks and there only touchdown was when our CB fell down

LOL

halftime adjustments werent really necessary because as he said we did play well in the first half but by the time you see the adjustments opposing teams have made and if they are effective there is the need for IN GAME adjustments in which case we have failed miserably, but JH is also a rookie head coach in the NFL and its a bit different from college i think things will progress and get better for himself adjustment wise while the season progresses
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
to be fair they werent much to make

we were up 14-7 didnt allow much sacks and there only touchdown was when our CB fell down

LOL

halftime adjustments werent really necessary because as he said we did play well in the first half but by the time you see the adjustments opposing teams have made and if they are effective there is the need for IN GAME adjustments in which case we have failed miserably, but JH is also a rookie head coach in the NFL and its a bit different from college i think things will progress and get better for himself adjustment wise while the season progresses

A team in the lead must make halftime adjustments using the plays that worked in the 1st half as a setup. What do we do? Run the ball and curl up declining 15 yard penalties.
A team in the lead must make halftime adjustments using the plays that worked in the 1st half as a setup. What do we do? Run the ball and curl up declining 15 yard penalties.

true but dallas made adjustments to stop what worked in the 1st half and what we could have done to try building on to it in which JH should have made adjustments but didnt which is a rookie mistake which will be fixed in the future i still believe he should have taken that penalty just thinking your offense has made very few mistakes if we dont get the TD we have a sure kicker to put it through the uprights again and again thats a rookie coaching mistake that can be fixed we still could have won that game if not for falling down on the defense and blown coverages which is no excuse for coaching but a win is a win and a loss is a loss it will be interesting to see how this team and coach will bounce back or possibly lack of rebound next week
[ Edited by NinerDieHard on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:

true but dallas made adjustments to stop what worked in the 1st half and what we could have done to try building on to it in which JH should have made adjustments but didnt which is a rookie mistake which will be fixed in the future i still believe he should have taken that penalty just thinking your offense has made very few mistakes if we dont get the TD we have a sure kicker to put it through the uprights again and again thats a rookie coaching mistake that can be fixed we still could have won that game if not for falling down on the defense and blown coverages which is no excuse for coaching but a win is a win and a loss is a loss it will be interesting to see how this team and coach will bounce back or possibly lack of rebound next week

DAL made adjustments to stop what worked in the first half and we should have built on that. We WANT them to start moving their guys around in spots to stop that out and curl so that we can switch it up to slants and quick skinny posts. Once we get a defense moving their plan because of what we did to them, we HAVE them. But all we did was run the ball and try running more plays outside the hashes.
Share 49ersWebzone