LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

Jean Francois lost us the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SANTA CLARA -- Defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois was nearly the player who secured a 49ers victory on Sunday.Instead, he had teammates coming up to him Monday morning in the locker room telling him how his near-miss actually might have benefitted Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey on his game-tying 48-yard field goal on the final play of regulation to force overtime.
Jean Francois got good penetration against Cowboys rookie lineman Kevin Kowalski on the field-goal attempt and nearly blocked the kick.
"Once the snap went off, I dipped my right shoulder and put my (left) hand up," Jean Francois said. "All I could feel was the wind come across my hand. If I'd gotten my right hand up, that ball would've never gotten off."
But 49ers defensive linemen Will Tukuafu and Demarcus Dobbs had just gotten out of the film room. They both told Jean Francois that the kick did not appear to be on line. But Jean Francois appeared to actually re-direct the kick through the uprights.
"It was off already, Ricky . . . You grazed it and it went back."
"It was going out already?" Jean Francois asked. "So, basically, I helped Dallas win the game."
Bailey's kick was good, forcing overtime. Bailey kicked a 19-yarder in overtime for the Cowboys' 27-24 victory.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/19/11/Jean-Francois-near-miss-benefited-Dallas/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=564966&feedID=5936

Trade him
Id rather us fire the coach whos offense is more pathetic than Rayes. WCO my ass
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Id rather us fire the coach whos offense is more pathetic than Rayes. WCO my ass

lulz
  • lazy
  • Veteran
wow.
I thought I saw the ball graze someone's hand.
It's not all his fault
God loves the Cowboys. America's team.

HATERS GONNA HATE
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
God loves the Cowboys. America's team.

Then we will use the Devil's power next time.
How did Cam's pito tase Valrod?

say it ain't so ricky!!!!!!!! say it ain't so
Originally posted by pelos21:

Like pineapples

I am annoyed that our WCO is very Baltimoreish, singltarian.

He shouldn't get fired though.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by pelos21:

Like pineapples

Share 49ersWebzone