LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Our 9th year of trying to be a smash mouth running team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Cam Newton has more passing yards in one game than we have in two games combined.

yeah and he has 0 wins

WHO CARES

Yeah and we got schooled by Romo and his third string wide receivers. Yeah, who cares. Maybe not you, but I do.

stop overreacting, we lost to a better team on sunday by a field goal in overtime. they had players missing and so did we so that's never a good excuse.

dallas is a better team, i really don't see what the big deal is.

Thas a sad mentality. Based on our schedule, you'd be very happy with a 6-10 record because all those losses were against team that were better than us.

This shouldve been an EASY win. We were up by 14 and 10 points. No excuse for losing, especially not "they re a better team than us anyways".
With Harbaugh making that decision that cost us that game! Its pretty dam clear he has no faith in our offense
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Yeah and we got schooled by Romo and his third string wide receivers. Yeah, who cares. Maybe not you, but I do.

Miles Austin got bumped down to 3rd string?

He wasn't the only receiver. Did we lose this game or not? Did Romo beat us with a fractured rib or not. How many sacks did we have in this game? I can keep going. Dude stop being dogmatic. We blew it and its the truth.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erMike:

Miles Austin got bumped down to 3rd string?

here you asked for it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AknlGMr9EMg82Hq8DuWwrMU5nYcB?gid=20110918025
  • Veteran
Cam Newton has more passing yards in one game than we have in two games combined.

yeah and he has 0 wins

WHO CARES

stop overreacting, we lost to a better team on sunday by a field goal in overtime. they had players missing and so did we so that's never a good excuse.

I am not overreacting. Yes Dallas is a better team, but we had a chance to beat them. We blew it and thats the fact. Now how is that overreacting? Did you watch the same game? Even MM is calling Harbaugh's conservative approach unacceptable.
Originally posted by ace130:
When is harbaugh going to realize this hasnt worked the past nine years? Like Vernon Davis said, get people involved spread the ball around! Why do we continue to be a conserative team running the ball 95 percent of the time and dumps off for -5 yards? Please throw the ball downfield!! Cam Newton has more yards in one game than the 49ers have combined!!!!!

Prediction:49ers finish last on offense
We are last...well 29th in offense

yeah and he has 0 wins

WHO CARES

I am not overreacting. Yes Dallas is a better team, but we had a chance to beat them. We blew it and thats the fact. Now how is that overreacting? Did you watch the same game? Even MM is calling Harbaugh's conservative approach unacceptable.
Just because they are a better team does not mean we should lose that game. We had the game as a solid W. Poor defense and poor coaching lost the game.
here you asked for it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AknlGMr9EMg82Hq8DuWwrMU5nYcB?gid=20110918025

What exactly are you trying to prove with these stats? All you are proving is that Miles and Whitten blew it up this game. Last time I checked, they are both first string players. If you say we lost to 3rd stringers, which is FALSE, then I say we hung in pretty well with actual 3rd stringers.
He wasn't the only receiver. Did we lose this game or not? Did Romo beat us with a fractured rib or not. How many sacks did we have in this game? I can keep going. Dude stop being dogmatic. We blew it and its the truth.

Did we lose? - Yes
Did Romo beat us hurt? - Yes
Sacks given up? 6 or 7

These are not the points that you brought up. YOU are trying to stir the nest and are incorrect with your facts.
The defense lost this game, and it proved we are who we have always been... a good run defense but a secondary that is only half complete. Teams are ignoring Rogers and going after the lack of talent after him. Why do you think Romo grabbed his 3rd & 4th receivers before those last couple drives? Rogers and Whitner are the only guys in the secondary that are where they need to be, Brown, Brock, Williams, and Smith arent consistent leading to big plays against them.

Our run scheme doesnt fit our line and its looking more and more like Gore has lost a step. Either the running plays are taking too long to develop or the hole has dissapeared before Gore can hit it. If Harbs is gonna keep calling this tackle traps, and guard & tackle pulls then Hunter needs to be in there plain and simple. He is the only one of our backs who is quick enough to hit these holes before they get washed out with lateral movement from the defense.

Overall the blame is on the defense, but the ultra conservative playcalling is horse crap. Not talking about the field goal, just in general... if they brought Smith back then let live or die by his arm. Open up the playbook and let him play, if we are gonna keep with this protect the QB playcalling then they might as well put CK back there to get game experience. Obviously the season isnt over, and the NFC west still sucks so it still looks like 8-8 wins the division but Smith isn't the future so either let him go all out or start getting CK experience. Aside from the one bad read Smith has played well when given the chance, either let him get us to the playoffs or let him get us a higher draft pick, just stop handing off to Gore for no gain.

Share 49ersWebzone