LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

most concerning thing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Much like years past, the Niners are getting out coached coming out of the half. In both games this season, the Cowboys and Seahawks made adjustments that the Niners couldn't keep up with
Very true. This team falls apart in the second half, nothing has changed. I was excited about Harbaugh but he is starting to scare me, he might be more or as conservative as Singlecell. Also, I realize that the catch was overruled but he was ready to punt on 4 and 1 in OT when it was crystal clear that our D couldn't stop Dallas.
For those who think JH is different think again. The reason the Yorks went after him was the hype. Get the fans excited and would help for a new stadium plain and simple.Most of his staff are NFL rejects and he has no head coaching experience.college doesnt count in the nfl.(EG) Saban,spurrier,holtz etc.)In case you didnt notice.
From the reaction of this zone, Harbaugh was like the second coming of Bill Walsh, just like every other rookie coach we hired. Until we play...
Niners would have lost this game by 2 touchdowns with Nolan/Sing. Both starting WR's were hurt, couldn't run the ball, and the QB made a terrible turnover that led to 7 points the other way. I know its early but at least this team has looked more prepared than they have in years so far
Yes, it's true and disconcerting! But the worst thing about it is that the 9er D is where the coaching seems to take a shellacking in the second half. I could understand the OLine not being able to block giving the opponent an opportunity, but the D is Jekyl and Hide, half to half.
It's not that the adjustments are lacking it's the execution that falls apart.
Originally posted by sachie23:
Niners would have lost this game by 2 touchdowns with Nolan/Sing. Both starting WR's were hurt, couldn't run the ball, and the QB made a terrible turnover that led to 7 points the other way. I know its early but at least this team has looked more prepared than they have in years so far

this.

a seasons worth of NFL experience should do wonders for Harbaugh. there was a lockout ffs.
The most concerning thing is the next four games. It's looking pretty bleak. They usually stink on the road as it is especially when it's a 10 am game. If we lose to the Bengals we could seriously lose the following three games going into the bye.

But overall, who are we kidding?!?! If the Cowboys were healthy had bad could it really have been?!? They were REALLY banged up and still beat us.
Bill Walsh's first season : 2-14

Now i wasn't alive then, but i'm curious as to how many "fans" were calling for Walsh's head. Calm down with the "Harbaugh is overmatched in the NFL" bullcrap. He is going to take his lumps, but in the end he is smart, dedicated coach who will succeed with the 9ers. C'mon people, we are 1-1. Last time i check there are 16 games in a season.

They played the numbers game and hoped our defense would win the game. Our coaches need to learn that you cant win in the NFL by defense.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
Bill Walsh's first season : 2-14

Now i wasn't alive then, but i'm curious as to how many "fans" were calling for Walsh's head. Calm down with the "Harbaugh is overmatched in the NFL" bullcrap. He is going to take his lumps, but in the end he is smart, dedicated coach who will succeed with the 9ers. C'mon people, we are 1-1. Last time i check there are 16 games in a season.

Don't put Bill Walsh in the same sentence with this fool. Walsh was never conservative like this guy. Even in his first year, you could see there is something different about his teams. I don't get that feeling with Harbaugh. Also remember, Walsh inherited a disaster, Harbaugh based on his own account has inherited a good team full of first and second round draft picks. There is a difference here.
Originally posted by Painter49er:
They were REALLY banged up and still beat us.

Hey now.. it's not like we had Crabtree or Braylon Edwards out there much if at all.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
If the D would have stopped Dallas on the 4th and 5 play....we win this game. Simple as that!! They could not stop Dallas on the 3rd down conversions. They were not pressuring Romo at all. Romo had time to throw downfield. In OT.....Rogers admitted on biting on the play-action which cost the niners the game. You can blame the offense and defense for losing this game....but I'm blaming it more on the defense. We're ranked top 5 in rushing defense but that doesn't mean anything at this point. Rushing defense means nothign in a QB league.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment expecting Harbaugh to do something with this team this year. We have so much talent and we just can't find a way to use it. We can't expect the talent (Davis, Crabs, Edwards, Rogers, etc.) to stay here for their entire careers. If you have talent now, make somethign happen now. If we need to change the QB...do it! Hell....lets get Gerrard for all I care....we need to find a way to Win. And I don't want to hear all the "lose for LUCK". Indy seems to be on the right track for that.
im just gonna say it it was alex smith's fault he cant adjust
Share 49ersWebzone