There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

why do we never throw the ball down the field?

is it Alex Smiths vision?
The Coaches trust in smith?
The coaches trying not to turn the ball over?
Wide receivers unable to get open?
E) No time for pass blocking on 7-step drops
Originally posted by forty9ers:
is it Alex Smiths vision?
The Coaches trust in smith?
The coaches trying not to turn the ball over?
Wide receivers unable to get open?

Easy. Our pass blocking and in this particular game, Braylon Edwards and Crabtree being out. Not enough guys who can get open or catch the ball over DB's, stretch the field consistently. Our one known guy, Vernon, was covered like flies on sh*t. And Ted Ginn had a pretty decent game, but it wasn't enough.
Did you see how much penetration Dallas was getting on our line?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Did you see how much penetration Dallas was getting on our line?

That really was the issue in the second half, those sacks murdered to death three critical drives.
this isnt just this game im talking about...every game...when was they last time we threw a bomb that ended up in the end zone?
Because we are a conservative smash mouth offensive team. It has been like that for the past nine years. Because we have stupid owners who hire stupid GM's who hire stupid coaches.
its just funny because we have had so many coaches and offensive coordinators throughout the years, but the execution of our offense is exactly the same
its just funny because we have had so many coaches and offensive coordinators throughout the years, but the execution of our offense is exactly the same
i am so sick of our lack of passing game.

i wish we had someone else besides smith. 2 rookie qb's have gone over 300yrs in a game (newton & dalton)
Actually, I'd like to know why we throw so few slants?
Originally posted by 190836:
Because we are a conservative smash mouth offensive team. It has been like that for the past nine years. Because we have stupid owners who hire stupid GM's who hire stupid coaches.

LOwell didn't read
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Actually, I'd like to know why we throw so few slants?

Same here. Isn't this supposed to be a West Coast Offense?
Throwing the ball down the field is allowed? I thought this was 1947. It hurt that we didn't have Crabtree or Edwards but we don't target Vernon, we don't utilize slants and we where too conservative. We had a few deceptive runs but pretty vanilla again.

Edit: And also sick of an underachieving line. One week we are horrible at run blocking and the next pass blocking or both.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 18, 2011 at 6:45 PM ]
It's really obvious they don't trust Smith. From the entire game last week, the last "drive" to end the half, the 15 yard penalty decision... Ultra conservative.